I

July 25, 2004
3:31 p.m.
Kawata Residences

Typing away on your computer, writing all the advice that your readers need from your blog. The irony of giving them what they need and not receiving them. You sighed as you typed vigorously, probably about to break your keyboard.

"You still writing on that stupid romance blog?" You heard a familiar voice from the door, turning your swivel chair to see one of your cousins. "Hello to you too, Nahoya." You glared.

"Let them be, I think it's really cool." Souya defended, walking in to sit on a stool not far from you. "What? It's stupid." Nahoya denied. They kept bickering about your blog as you watched in between.

"I mean look at them!" Nahoya turned to you, one hand to his waist and the other laid down in the air pointing at you. "You're such a hopeless romantic..." He shook his head. "So are you." You deadpanned.

"Eh?! I don't like love though." He turned away, eyes still closed as you and Souya looked at him dumbfoudedly. "Sure, Aniki." Souya replied.

You turned back to your writing as the voices of their argument tuned out.

"You coming with us? There's this gang that wants us in!" Nahoya informed excitedly. "I don't know..." You contemplated. "Come on!" He insisted. You turned to Souya who held a calm look.

You were getting tugged by the older twin, still insisting you go with them. "What gang?" You asked. "Something named 'Tokyo Manji'?" Souya replied, still confused about the gang. "Never heard of it."

"It's a new gang- COME ON!" Nahoya informed quickly, pulling you even more. "Not really, I'm pretty sure it's been a year since they were created." Souya recalled as Nahoya pulled your arms simultaneously.

"Okay, okay, just let me save my post." You reluctantly agreed, finally posting your new article. "Alright, let's go!" Nahoya exclaimed, pointing towards the exit, locking your arms.

The drive was as fast and quick as you expected. Despite that, you still looked disheveled. You finally arrived at a shrine. As the evaluation commenced, you decided to wait for them in a nearby cafe.

As you were waiting, you decided to scribble on a journal you had, crossing out some ideas for a new article. Sipping on your drink once and a while. You closed the leather journal, snapping the lock as you walked towards the counter.

"Excuse me?" You called as a guy walked up to you, wiping his hands on his apron. "Anything you'd like?" He asked.

"I'd like the chocolate mousse-"

"One slice of the chocolate mousse-"

You looked to your right, a guy with blond and blue streaks looking at you. You stared for a while, blinking every once and a while. His rounded frame lenses glistened as he stared back at you. "I'm sorry, sir, we only have one slice left."

Handing the man 110 yen, he looked at him coldly as a sign to pack the remaining slice. You waited for the man as he did so. You had already expected him to give it to the guy since he paid in advance, and he did. But you were still hopeful the universe would give you a chance with the cake.

Sheepishly handing it to the blond, you silently looked offended. "Hey, I was here first!" You scolded. "And I paid first." He retorted, looking at you sleepily. "That doesn't justify that, Bastard." You replied. "Do you even know who I am?" He asked as he inched forward to you.

No, you did not know him. Not a single ounce of knowledge about this weirdo. Creep even. Thief would probably also fit him for stealing YOUR cake. You didn't move, crossing your arms as you stared back at him leaning down at you. The room fell silent, with little whispers from the customers of the shop.

"I don't actually, why don't you delight me." You requested poshly, as he opened his mouth to answer, someone entered the store hurriedly. "Y/n!" You heard your cousin call. Souya pulled you behind him as Nahoya smiled irritatingly at the blond.

"What do you think you're doing to my cousin, huh, Haitani?" The older twin asked, his voice slightly judging. "Your cousin accused me of stealing "their" cake, I bought it first." He answered.

"Y/n, you should've just let him have it." Souya whispered. "Hell no! I was here first!" You defended, a bit too loudly. "Yeah!" Nahoya agreed, even if he didn't really know who was right. All he knew was that he needed to protect and defend you.

"Come on, Aniki." Souya called, still holding your arm as he tried pulling his brother. "We'll buy another cake next time." Souya urged you two out, wanting no violence for today. The boy just wants a rest from the nonsense. Please help him.

"What? Y/n was here first, weren't they?" Nahoya added. "Let's just go! Ma said we're having dinner out." Souya urged, finally pulling you out as you and the older twin glared at the blond, who maturely, flipped you off.

You gasped dramatically, about to flip him off only to have a helmet pushed to your chest by Souya, urging you to hop on his bike. Strapping the helmet on, you still had your eyes on the blond talking to a tall woman with twin braids.

Shady looking woman. Was that even a woman? She's made like a door. You looked at them with slight disgust and confusion. You didn't really know anymore.

"Why are we going out anyway?" Nahoya asked, making you snap your attention back to your cousins. "I don't know." Souya shrugged. "Maybe it's mom's promotion." You recalled, remembering your mother mentioned a raise. "Yooo! Auntie unleashing the party box!" Nahoya celebrated, turning on his engine making a loud noise.

"I hope we go to a buffet again." Nahoya reminisced. "I hope you don't shut down the restaurant if we do." You sighed. "They didn't close! There was just a health inspection." He defended. The only thing Souya could do at the moment was listen to you and his brother argue about past experiences in public celebrations.

But your thought trailed back to the chocolate mousse. You didn't let go of that grudge you held on your classmate 10 years ago for breaking your favorite crayon, you aren't going to let go of that sweet, savory, chocolatey goodness now. You will get it back. One way or another.

Let the cake games begin, Mr. Hotani or whatever his last name was that you didn't bother remembering cause he's a sick dick and this ending is honestly getting too long.

May the sweetest sweet tooth win.