Chapter 6: Donuts and Lucy

The next morning you got woken up by the sound of Yelena already up and about the house, getting up groggily while rubbing your eyes and sitting upright, willing the last bit of sleep away from your eyes you then proceeded to get up, making your way towards your bathroom to do your morning routine and then back into your room to dress up in some casual black jeans, a long sleeved brown shirt and a red coat and appling some eyeliner and mascara with some dark lipstick, and doing your hair in the style of two braided buns and a few loose strands hanging from the top, leaving the room when you were satisfied with your appearance.

Walking into the living room you saw Yelena sat on the couch, bended over to tie the lases of her ankle boots, her eyes flickering up to meet with yours, a hint of ah smile on her face.

"Good morning (Y/n)." The familiar thick accent of the Russian woman greeted you.

"Good morning Belova. What are you doing up so early? It's only 5." You questioned, slumping down near the blonde woman after she finished tying her lases, consfued to see her dressed up in what appears to be her mission gear. It really suited her and made her look hot. All black and leather with a black vest over it.

"Valentina asked me to go over to her today, she have a mission for me."

You frowned a bit at hearing that.

"Oh okay. Do you have to go alone? Or can I join?" You asked with a curious voice but trying to not sound too obvious.

Yelena glanced your way, lips pursed.

"I have to yeah and I'm sorry. You are still recovering and need rest and besides I have to do this one alone. It's a bit personal. Something to do with my sister's murderer. Valentina have gotten something on the scumbag." She explained, voice tense and fire burning behind her eyes at the last part of mentioning about her sister.

'Erh, okay. But please be careful. I would have liked joining you." You gave a smile to the blonde when she smiled at you again.

"I'll be careful and it's more the murderer that should be careful, they won't know what hit them. And I thought you didn't want to go on missions with me at first. Are you going soft on me now?" Yelena teased you on the last part, a smirk on her face when you rolled your eyes.

"Shut up Belova! That was before when we didn't know each other, you make a pretty decent partner for missions." You grumbled out in fake annoyance but couldn't stop from giving a soft smile, eyes soft.

"I like that vest. It really suits you!" You blurted out, eyeing the said vest with a hint of embarrassment that had the blonde smirking at you while her hands briefly fiddled with it and glancing at it before meeting with your eyes again.

'Thank you. I like it too. Ha can only imagine what my sister would say now that someone likes my vest." There was a genuine happiness behind her warm smile, eyes shining when gazing at you.

You felt yourself blush at the intensity of her gaze, trying to avoid eye contact with her.

"Your sister didn't like vests?"

"I won't say that but she used to make fun of me for the vest but I can't be blamed, it have so many pockets." You could only smile at her adorableness while she excitedly explained about her vest and the many pockets it have.

"My best friend used to have one too and said it was a gift to her when anyone questioned her about it and seemed to have been genuinely connected to it. Maybe she have loved the many pockets too bc she always pulled something out of it and grumbling about someone having forgotten their things in the pockets." You snickered making the blonde laugh along with you, amusement in her eyes.