Chapter 4: Not So Chill day

The next morning you were already awake early, having finished your morning routine of showering, doing your hair and only applying very slight makeup and getting dressed up.

Yelena sleepily made her way to the kitchen, still looking sleepy when she leaned agaisnt the door frame, stifling a yawn while you looked up at her when sensing eyes on you.

"Good morning Belova." You greeted the blonde, a hint of smile on her face when seeing the sleepy blonde in a slightly oversized grey and white shirt and finding it adorable.

"Morning there." She greeted back, watching as you made some coffee, raising a cup at her to ask her if she wants to too which she agreed to instantly with a nod, rubbing at her eyes.

"You're up early."

"Yeah. Gotta go give the info to a very impatient Valentina and run a few errands and meet up with a...friend." You told the blonde while handing her a cup of coffee, following behind her to the living room, sitting down on the far side of the couch while she sat down too on the other side, bringing her knees up to her chest.

"A friend?" She questioned a little tensed, taking a sip of her coffee, looking at you over it.

"Yeah, something like that. Wouldn't really call her a friend but more like a...I don't know. She kinda dragged me into her mess a while back and she just keeps on pestering me, I've asked her to look after my dog as pay back tho while I'm not able to when on missions." You explained to the Russian woman again.

"You have a dog?! I want one too one day." Yelena asked excitedly, a huge smile plastered across her face, a child like glee in her green eyes.

You tried to hold back a grin at her excitement and adorable tactics.

"I do yes. She's a real gentle giant."

"I so want to see her or any photos of her please." She begged with puppy eyes, a smile still present on her face.

You only shrugged, pulling your phone out, scrolling through your camera album and showing her a photo of your bernese mountain dog.

"Awwwwww she's so fluffy and adorable! I wanna pet her one day please!"

It kept on like that for a while while the two of you were drinking coffee.

"What's her name?" She ask curiously.

"Oh, her name Lucy, named after my childhood dog I had first."

"I love it, and she's cute." Yelena said more calmly now, a genuine smile on her face.

"Thank you. I have to go now." You said, getting up with your now empty mug, watching as a sad smile suddenly appears on her face when seeing you getting up.

"But you should be resting with your shoulder. It isn't good to put too much strain on it." The blonde Russian eyed your left shoulder despite the wound being covered by the casual fluffy dark blue jacket you had on.

"It will be okay. I promise it doesn't even hurt much anymore and I'll take I'll easy out there." You lied, chuckling nervously and hoping she wouldn't notice how you are trying to hide the pain.

"Oh...okay. I guess I'll see you later again then." Yelena sounded a bit disappointed, watching as you gave her a awkward smile and wave with your keys in your hand and the empty cup in the other before you turned around and left to put away the cup and leaving the apartment.

Yelena's Pov:

I don't know why I felt this weird feeling in my chest when she mentioned that she was going out to do things and see the friend of hers but I tried masking it up and when she mentioned having a dog I couldn't contain myself, feeling excited but that other feeling was still lingering in my chest while she talked about her dog before showing me a photo of the cute dog.