Chapter 2: New apartment

Waking up about two hours later you sat up, rubbing at your eyes tiredly, trying to will yourself not to go back to sleep.

Taking a quick scan of the room you realize where you were, realizing the earlier meeting wasn't a dream and that you are in the guest bedroom of Valentina's house, you quickly got up, lazily rubbing a hand through your hair that is disheveled from sleeping.

You gotten the small makeup up bag from your backpack and applied some makeup slightly before digging out your phone when hearing a text coming through, smiling to yourself.

?: Hey, how are you? You still staying safe there? Did you get any information yet?

You: Hey, I'm alright, just sore after a mission. And staying safe as much as possible. I hope you are staying safe there too. To question that not much yet but I'm working on it.

?: That's good to hear you are okay there. We are missing you but we know how important this is. We are staying safe here too as much as possible, been a rough few days. It's okay, just be careful please.

You: I'm happy hearing this. I missing you all just as much, wouldn't be here if it wasn't nessecary. I have to go on a mission soon, I'm paired up with a new woman here, I'm not too happy about that and just hope she won't be a torn in my side. She's hot tho ;)

?: I know, you should come visit us again as soon as you get a break there. Oh my, knowing how you like being solo on missions I indeed hope she won't bother you. Is someone having a crush on the new mission partner?

You: I definitely will as soon as I can. And hey shush, there is no way in hell I have a crush on her. She's just gonna be a new annoying one I have no choice but to have along on my missions. I have to go now.

You quickly got up again and then scrambled to get dressed into your clothes, this time putting on a blush leather jacket and put your phone away into your pocket, making your way out of the room and towards the office where you knew Valentina might be, knocking on the door.

"It's open. You can come in." The devil herself said.

(Y/n)'s Pov:

Entering the office my eyes scanned the room until landing on Valentina sitting down on the leather couch, her eyes focused in a file that is in her hands, looking briefly to meet eyes with me until they shifted back to the file in her hands.

"I believe you are here to hear about the new mission hmmm Black Dove?" She asked, flipping to another page, her eyes seeming to glimmer with a glee at the contents she's reading.

"I am." I aswered her concisely, my eyes scanning over the room before settling on her, noticing the pleased smirk on the older woman's face.

"I'm very much pleased with all this information you've gotten for me on your previous mission. It's way more than I expected. You never disappoint." The dark haired woman said proudly while shutting the file, getting up while straightening her black jacket before making her way past me and towards her desk.

"I'm glad it is enough then to help you putting a stop to that group of people." A tiny smirk on my face, I knew exactly how to make the woman happy for a time to have her not breathing down my neck like a hawk like the first few days after she 'recruited' me.