Harysan Renith

My eyes widened as I looked at the phone, it read Jackie White and I quickly declined the call

 My eyes widened as I looked at the phone, it read Jackie White and I quickly declined the call. I texted her saying I'm with dad and slid the phone in my back pocket. "Was that important?" My father questions his white skin beamed with light from the fires beyond the balcony of the palace. "Not at all father, please continue." I picked up my fork once more and saw off a bite size chunk of meat and bit it off the fork. "I was asking how's the search for your siblings?" My chewing slowed and I gulped. "Marldon and Maldine, I haven't got a trail on them. I have reason to believe the princess's daughter, Jackie, has something to do with it." He looked very dissatisfied with my response. "I see." He says slowly. I picked up my chalice of blood and took a long sip from it as my father studied me. "I hope you understand, the kingdom of hell needs them, the realm of humans do as well if we are to keep it from being raided by demons." His gaze never wavered. "I understand father, as your eldest biological children, they are the heirs to your throne. I must bring them home by any means." He stared at me in silence for a moment before he nodded and leaned back into his chair. "Has the girl been any use?" I raised an eyebrow. "Kyane, I allowed her to be released under the reassurance that she could be used to find her brother." I took another long sip from the chalice and took another bite of BBQ human, slowly chewing while I stalled. "Well father, she actually got away from me." Father looked stunned. "She caught me unprepared and made an escape, I believe she used my ex-wife, Yanelise's contact with their guardian angel, Amos, and reached him."

He stood and turned his back as he walked to the edge of the balcony and peered at the foregrounds of hell. Overlooking miles and miles of tormented human souls. Their screams were carried to us on gusts of wind. "I assume you lost the girl when she attacked you."

"That I did father." I reply slowly and cautiously. He gave a wave of his hand, "Begone, return to the mortal realm and resume your search. Perhaps next time I summon you you'll have some results."

I arrived back to where I was when he summoned me, on my bed. I sat up and stared at the bed for a little bit wondering how it came to me lying to my father when my phone rang again. Already knowing who it is I answered.

"Scio quod ipse est pater, et omnibus, sed e scio si dico ei ubi sunt, et ipse suus ' iens ut occidere pellentesque iust?" Jackie's voice says through the phone. I let out a sigh of annoyance. "Well no shit. Why are you calling me?"

"Do you recall that emergency plan we made together?" My blood ran cold and I gripped the phone tightly, my breath came raggedy as panic seized me. "What has happened? Sunt Maldine, et filii tutum?!" I demanded.

"Mitescere magnus guy, sunt denique, sed vigilum vis ad manus suas in Apothis enim manslaughter." I let out a sigh slightly relaxing as I pulled myself out of bed,"Manslaughter?"

"Yes keep up, how soon can you depart and make your way back to your mansion?"

"A week at least." She remained silent for a time. "A week?"