Definitely Trying and Testing

As if she were holding her breath, Nigel grabbed her by the shoulders. Imprisoning her with coils of steam and passion wafting off him. He raked a look at her. Wearing a jaded flimsy plunging neck top with those ass kissing jeans, his body shuddered.

His lips descended upon hers but he was met with nothing. She shoved him at his chest, the punches takes a blow at his pride when he realized what he was doing. His sulking increased and his anger more stronger.

"Just leave me alone from now on, Nigel!" Wynter ran from him all the while feeling his intense eyes on her back, boring two red holes.

She searched for Parker in shaking limbs and was disappointed to find him nestled in the corner and snoring. Shaking her head, she gathered him while mumbling to him to keep slightly awake so she could carry him out. As she tried to take out her phone to call an Uber, the weight of Parker on her shoulder lightened. She glanced up only to find Nigel's strong jaw and eyes gazing ahead. He was taking Parker's weight. "Call an Uber. I have to get back home."

"Yeah but you don't have-"

"Stop wasting my time and call up an Uber. Now." He grunted, looking down at her. She decided it was best to ignore him and work on the matter at hand. Once the Uber stopped in front, she wasn't prepared for Nigel to get on with them. With Parker snuggled into her right, she was keenly aware of her knee accidentally touching Nigel's own thigh at her left. She glanced up to find him staring down at her.

She gulped, feeling slightly intimidated. He had such a bravado about him that spelt no kind of connection to be made. It was different. Rare, maybe for her. To see such a young boy disconnected with life and emotion. Or maybe, just be pure fucking evil. Even though she refused to believe it, he has made it a point to make her believer out of it.

She recounted the moment between them. It was nursing some sort of danger which she knew deep down was wrong. Yet how does temptations suck the very living thing out of her and do the opposite? And even if she could not succumb, she shouldn't have to either because he was horrid to her. He was despicable.

The driver stopped at Parker's house first. She used his spare key hidden under the mat and managed to get him to his bedroom without waking up his parents. She was about to leave when he reached for her hand, stopping her. "I really like you Wynter. You are kinda my girl."

Parker's sleepy smile and hazy eyes squeezed her heart. She leaned in and brushed her lips over his. This feels good. This is right.

Keeping a smile on her face as she closes the front door quietly, she settles inside the cab. The drive begins, stating their next destination. Her body pressed against the door, making the space between them enough so there would be no unnecessary touches.

"I believe we should talk about what happened." Her gaze switched over to his automatically. He wanted to talk? About the....almost moment?

"No!" She shouted and the driver sneaked a look over the rear view mirror to see if anything was amiss. She smiled politely back at him until his gaze shifted away. Silently she whispered, "No because nothing happened. Can we please put it past us?"

"Should have known." He huffed.

That had her brows deepening into a frown. "Excuse me? Known what?"

"That you are coward." The cab stopped and Nigel got off leaving her, feeling more entangled with her feelings. Unbridled and passion flying into the air, she yanked the door open. Slamming it shut, she shouted, "You are the fucking coward!"

He stopped. The rustle under their feet paused. Noise in the wind highlighted the ambience of the sounds in theirs hearts between them. He turned around, striding towards her. She stood her ground. Couldn't move. His gaze never left hers. She didn't realize it until now that no one has looked at her so directly before. It was like he could really pierce his eyes into her own, diving deep into her retinas and drilling inside her brain.