t w e n t y - t w o

I eventually dozed off in the company of my fellow puppies, because I stirred hearing the sound of the doors opening. I tilted my head in conf and sion, and listened to see who it was.

"Stop." Sasha says. "What are you doing? What are you doing? This is all connected. You show up, we're being watched, and now three of us are gone."

"I... I don't... I don't have anything to do with this." Gabriel stutters

"Wait!"

"Don't!" Rosita yells.

"Sasha, put it away." Tyreese threatens.

"Who's out there?" Sasha growls at Gabriel.

"I... I don't have anything... to do with this." He stutters again.

"Where are our people?"

"I don't have anything to..."

"Where are our people?!" Sasha screams.

"Please, I don't have anything to do with this. I..."

"Why'd you bring us here?" Rick asks.

"Please, I..."

"You working with someone?" Rick asks.

"I'm alone. I'm alone. I was always alone." Gabriel repeats.

"What about the woman in the food bank, Gabriel? What did you do to her? "You'll burn for this." That was for you. Why? What are you gonna burn for, Gabriel? What? What did you do? What did you do?" Rick asks angrily shouting.

"I lock the doors at night. I always lock the doors at night. I always lock the doors at night. I always... They started coming, my congregation. Atlanta was bombed the night before and they were scared. They were... they were looking for a safe place, a place where they felt safe. And it was so early. It was so early. And the doors were still locked. You see... it was my choice. But there were so many of them and they were trying to pry the shutters and banging on the sidings, screaming at me. And so the dead came for them. Women... children. Entire families calling my name as they were torn apart, begging me for mercy. Begging me for mercy. Damning me to hell. I buried their bones. I buried it all. The Lord sent you here to finally punish me. I'm damned. I was damned before. I always lock the doors." Gabriel says breaking down throughout until a thud on the floor indicated him falling to the ground.

Before any words could be exchanged there was a singular whistle that caught my attention. I didn't recognise it at all. Another whistle followed after, only this time it was louder, and it must've gotten everybody's attention because I felt the mood in the air change from concerned to protective angry mode.

"There's something... there's someone outside lying in the grass." Glenn says quietly.

I tensed up, staying in my protective position down with my pups. I didn't dare move. I didn't dare leave my five beautiful babies. I couldn't.

"Sasha."

"Oh! Bob!" Sasha cries. "Bob. His leg."

"Get Bob inside." Someone said.

"We'll take care of them."

"Can you help me, please? Help me. Help me."

I heard gunshots piercing the air, presumably someone shooting down walkers.

"Get inside! Go!"

"I was in the graveyard. Someboy knocked me out. I woke up outside this place. It looked like a school. It was that guy, Gareth. And five other ones. They were eating my leg right in front of me, like it was nothing, all proud like they had it all figure out." Bob said. Well I guess Bob has just the one leg now. I mean it could be worse though, he could've nicked your eyebrow.