f o u r

I woke up to an incredible stench of rotten, dead flesh. I shot up, and covered my nose whining.

I turned and looked up at Daryl, who was watching me, "I know Finn, I ain't surprised one bit it smells this bad 'ere." I gave a small nod, and Daryl looked down at me with a confused look, before stopping and getting out of the car.

I immediately got a big whiff of the smell again and I felt like I could've thrown up. I trailed behind Daryl slowly, him getting further and further away from me, as I stopped to sniff a body laying on the ground.

It's hand shot up and grabbed my throat, and earned a nice bit to the temple. Now that's what I'm talking about. Hashtag kill of the hour.

My attention was grabbed by the opening of a shutter, and I darted over, my tail spinning as everybody else was just stepping inside.

Unfortunately for me, I tripped slightly on a piece of floor sticking up, so I skidded along the floor and ended up headbutting Rick's leg. He looked down at me confused, just as a man pulled a gun on us. I didn't hesitate to step infront of everyone, letting out a vicious snarl. He eyed me very suspiciously and frightenedly, while I took a malicious step forward.

Above my growling the man asked, "anybody infected?" To help with this guy, did we look like we had been bitten by a walker. Flipping donkey. Rick replied uneasily, "one of our group was, but he didn't make it."

The man took a step forth, "why are you here, and what do you want?" Alright bossy, I too took a step forth, and let out a menacing snarl. Back the fuck away from my family. I swear how has he not had a heart attack yet?

"A chance."

Looks like Rick was doing all the talking. The man responded, "that's asking an awful lot these days."

Gosh, was he blind, did he not see the children, did he not see the women. Okay I kind of feel like I'm offending both then and myself here, but seriously come on! Dude, this is not cool.

A voice brought me from my thoughts. "You all submit to a blood test, that's the price of admission." Oh hell nah, I ain't being prodded with a needle. Last time I was round a needle I had bad experiences. And when I say bad, I mean bad, as in bad bad.

The vet was trying to find a nerve to draw some blood, and stabbed me in about fourteen different places, and then he had to give me a shot, and of coarse, guess what he did with that. Instead of putting in the scruff of my neck like all other vets do, he decided to stick it in my paw. Then what happened might you ask, well by some bloody miracle, no pun intended, he sprained my paw. And I was out of duty for three months.

I was brought back by the man's voice, "you got stuff to bring in, you do it now, because once that door closes it isn't opening back up."

Many started running out to grab stuff, while I just stood there confused. God damn it, this is why I should pay more attention to what is actually going on around me, because one of these days its gonna be vitally important, and I'll very likely screw it up, because I didn't listen.

The doors shoot, and Rick offered out his hand saying, "Rick Grimes." I instinctively let out a low growl, unimpressed by this guy. Something about him was just, evil.

"Doctor Edwin Jenner." Greattt, even his name sound evil.

A short while later, I was crammed in between Daryl, and others who I couldn't see. I heard the muffled voice of Daryl, "doctors always go round packing heat like that?"

I then heard Jenner, "Well there were always plenty left lying round. I familiarized myself. But you look harmless enough." He paised and looked down at Carl, and I let a low grumble emit from my chest, "Except you, I'll have to keep my eye on you." Even though Carl smiled, I couldn't stand the fact that he was so close to him.

The elevator dinged, signalling for our escape. And of course I was the first one out. "Are we underground?" Carol asked. Jenner replied, "you claustrophobic?" "A little" "Try not to think about it." What the actual fuck, try not to fucking think about it. I felt my face contorted into a mixture of both disgust and confusion, and I growled slightly in annoyance.

It took me a second to actually realise that I'd stopped, and I felt Rick nudge my side, "quit it out Finn." I gave him the evil eye, and huffed, excuse me, but who the fuck do you think you are to tell me what to do. Nevermind I take that back, but still, shut the fuck up man.

Jenner's voice brought me back to reality, "welcome to zone 5." Well at least he has some manners, I was cut off from my thinking by Rick kneeing me in the side, while simultaneously asking, "where is everybody?" Damn, I swear he could read my mind sometimes. Hold up, was be physic, I began to get majorly lost in thought, discovering cons and pros about whether he is a mind reader or not. Maybe he was like Wanda Maximoff, also know as the infamous Scarlett Witch who could read minds, from that Marmelede? Mabel? What was it called again, Narwhal? Barbell? Marble? At least I think it was Marble? Marvle? Ah yes that was it Marvel. Her.

I heard a computery voice, "HELLO GUESTS, WELCOME!" I went flying and jumped about a foot in the air, leaving my skin on the roof somewhere I think. I hid behind Rick's legs, laying down, poking my head through the gap between his knees.

Not long after, Andrea was sat getting blood drawn by Jenner, "what's the point? If we were infected we'd be running a fever." Oh my god, this gurl is gonna be yeeted in Outer Banks. "I've already broken every rule in the book letting you in here, let me at least be thorough," he paused to look at me, and then back up at Rick, "that includes your mutt, to make sure it isn't carrying the disease itself, or some other disease, or fleas for that matter." I whined, covering my face with my paw, earning a few chuckles and a great big beaming grin from Carl. Jenner gave Andrea the all clear, and she almost toppled over. "You okay?" Jacqui came over and helped, "she hasn't eaten in days, none of us have."

Jenner told Rick to bring me up next, and I completely and utterly refused. When Jenner tried to get close, I almost bit his finger off completely, so it came to both Shane and Rick dragging me across the floor to Jenner. God I felt humiliated, not to mention Shane was told to grab a muzzle to put on me, that was kicking around.

Hold up, let me just ask you something, why the fuck would the C-D-FUCKING-C have a muzzle, for a dog there, when I'm pretty sure the last time I checked dogs weren't even allowed in close proximity of the building. Bloody donkeys.

Jenner, stabbed the needle into my skin, and took some blood, I grumbled, oi that's my fucking blood, can I have it back. "Knock it off now." Rick sighed. Sorry, not sorry. God I wish I had fingers right now so I could give you the middle one.

Jenner then proceeded to inspect my fur, and take saliva, and fur samples. Really, I have done nothing wrong to you and you repay me by pulling me apart, rude.

Thankfully, Rick took the muzzle off, and Jenner started yelling at him for it.

In the end, Jenner compromised with Rick, so that I had to wear the muzzle at all times while I was in the CDC, except for when I was sleeping, locked away in a room with Rick, or I could just leave, and yeah, no I wasn't really in the mood for that.

Rick came over to me and stroked my head, "sorry girl."

I whined as he pulled the muzzle over my face. I leaned into him, after he had finished putting it on, and he made sure to put it on as loose as it went so I could easily slip out of it on my own.

We then headed over following everyone, to where food was. I stopped for a moment, hearing footsteps, but it was only Jenner, so as he went by, I swiped my paws at his leg.

He then came over to me, and in seeing how loose the muzzle was tightened it, so that it was as tight as it could go. Damn you Jenner, I am gonna bite your ass when I get this thing off.

Is it just me who doesn't like Jenner, hands up if you don't like him🙋‍♀️

But in all seriousness though I find it really annoying about his last name, because its basically my name, but only there is an extra letter there and its sounds exactly alike.

Anyway, stay safe <3

1 5 8 1 words.