24. Don't cry

I woke up in a different room with light around me and I sighed in dismay. I have not died, I thought that I am dead but guess what I can't even die in peace. How my life was and how it turned out to be? I was so happy at my home then Victor changed and everything start falling out of place then Achilles came and he changed everything. He changed me!

When I woke up I saw him standing at the corner, he was crying and the sight was something that should make me happy but it didn't. I can't feel anything then he was gone and Beatrice took care of me for days. She was the only one who will come daily, fed me, change my cloths and everything else. I can't make myself to speak, not speaking for a month does that you. I haven't heard my voice in days and then one day I heard it. I heard screaming around me like someone is in pain.

Someone came in my room and took me in their arms only then I realized it was me from where the screams were coming and the person who held me in their arms was Achilles.

"I am here, please wake up. Its a nightmare" he whispered but I was still somewhere in that dream. There was darkness all around me engulfing me.

"I am scared please turn on the light" I croaked out. My throat dry.

"The lights are on Flora, open your eyes" He said I realized that my eyes are closed that why I am seeing darkness.

"I can't" I try to open them but they wouldn't open.

"Take a deep breaths Love" he said softly and I listened to him taking deep breaths.

"Now open your eyes" He said and I slowly opened them and saw him sitting infront of me with worry etched face. He sighed in relief when I opened my eyes.

"You are fine, you are fine" he whispered lightly and held my face with his hands making me look in his eyes.

"Why did you do this to me?" I murmured while crying. How much I want to I can't forget those days spent in that dark room.

A pained expression came on his face and a tear fell from his eye and then he kneeled on the ground infront of me my both hands in his as he put his head on them and start crying.

"Flora please forgive me please forgive me. I am sorry for what I have done to you, I want to kill myself for fping that to you. I was crazy, I don't deserve you. Please forgive me" he cried and my heart broke in two at the sight. This man infront of me, I have never seen him crying not even showing any emotion and today he is crying and for what? For me? Does he care for me?

When I didn't said anything he moved his head up and looked at me. I raised my hand to wipe his tears. He closed his eyes at my touch then he opened it.

"I will let you go" he said and I felt nothing, I should be happy that finally I will go back to my father but I can't feel happiness.

"I don't want to go" I said and he looked at me shocked.

"Flora..." He started.

"I don't want to go back" I said and freed my hand from his grip. He stood and was about to go when I held his hand.

"Don't leave me alone" I said out of fear and he looked visibly distressed. He sat down on the edge slightly away from me. I laid down and he pulled the blanket on me.

"Sleep" he said but I shook my head.

"No when I close my eyes I see darkness and .. I.." I paused. He caressed my hairs.

"Sleep I am here with you until you wake up" he said.

"You aren't lying, right?"  I asked.

"No" he said and was trying hard to contain his tears.

"Don't cry" I frowned at him but he only nod at me.

It's so weird that I am finding solace in that one person who destroyed it. Who made me like this? I was never sacred of anything and now look at me, a weakling. I clutched his hand hard afraid that if I opened my eyes he would vanish and then after sometime I was asleep.

Next day when I woke up he was still there his hand in mine and he was looking ahead on the wall. Now I look carefully at him I saw dark circles around his eyes and his eyes were red probably from crying. I don't know but his crying bothers me alot.

Beatrice came in the room and she greeted us. I instantly leave his hand and sat up, now that I have her I don't need him. He too stand up seeing change in my demeanor and went out of the room with a last lingering glance on me.

"Beatrice please don't leave me alone here" I said and she came towards me. She then feed me the soup and urged me to take a bath and dress up. All this time she was very quiet, I looked at her.

"What happened?" I asked in a small voice and she start crying.

"I am sorry, I couldn't do anything for you child. I am not a good mother, my children are in pain and I couldn't do anything for any of them" she said.

"It was in my fate ma" I said and she cried more.

"No you don't deserve any of that" she told me and I just ignored her.

"Where's Amanda?" I asked

"At her home" she said.

"Why didn't she came to meet me?" I asked her.

"Achilles banned her from coming out of the house" she told me

"Why.." Then I remembered why because she helped me.

"I know it's selfish of me to ask you this bit I am a mother and I will ask you." She said looking down at her hands.

"Please forgive my son. He is in so much pain, he is hurting himself both mentally and physically.." she paused and covered her mouth with her hand.

"Physically?" I asked

"Yesterday I saw him, he ... whipped himself until .. he couldn't take anymore. He had scars over his back and ...those scars are old, a month old" she told me and I gasped.

"He punished himself since the time he punished you. He love you Flora, its not his fault he doesn't know how to love. His father made him the way he is but still he opened his heart for you. His ways were wrong but that was the only way he knew, snatch what you want" she was crying and I hugged her stopping her from crying

"Pleas don't cry Ma" I said and a tear slipped my eye.