4. Warning

"About that... uhmm.." Father started but couldn't complete his sentence.

"Father I met Victor today and ..let's just say he said something that I don't want to believe that's why I am asking you is it true? Did you really said yes to him?" I asked making it easy for me. He took a deep breath as if to prepare himself to say what he has to say.

"Victor's Father came to me few days ago, he came with your hand in marriage for his son. I told him that you didn't want to marry Victor and I will not go against you.." He stopped and was contemplating how to say what he is going to say next.

"And what did he say in return?" I asked.

"He didn't take it well Flora. He requested again but when I didn't moved he threatened me. I can't believe he was my best friend. I know a child's love make you do things you normally won't do but James took it a bit afar." My father sighed with sadness. He truly seemed hurt by his Mr hunt's behaviour.

"What did he threatened you with?" I asked him and he grunted.

"He said that he will exile me from this town can you believe it?" He was angry now. I gasped in shock, he can't do this with me Father. If he exile us we would lose our home and our land.

"But don't worry I didn't say yes yet, we will find a way out of it" Father patted my head I a loving gesture.

"But Victor was saying.." I started.

"That boy was lying or probably his father lied to him" father told me but I think it through, I can't let anything happen to my father. I hate Victor but he loves me right? It won't be that bad once we are married.

But you want to marry someone out of love! My inner self said but I ignored it.

It's real world not some fantasy book that I read. You will not have your Knight in shining armor! I told myself

"Father say yes to him" I made my decision.

"What? No I won't say anything like that when I very well know how much you dislike that boy" my father said.

"Do you think Victor is a good match for me? Do you think he will take care of me as you do?" I asked him and he stilled for a moment.

"Don't lie" I said when I felt like he is going to lie. He muttered something under his breath.

"Yes I believe so, I see a man with power and a man who loves you enough for you and Victor eventhough he is spoiled, loves you and I am sure that he will always take care of you otherwise I will break his bones myself" my father said and I smiled at his words.

"That I am sure of" I believe him on that, he is always very overprotective over me and Victor is also not an exception. I think it's in my fate to get a man who is overprotective over me.

"Okay then I am ready for this marriage" as I said those words I heard something fell near our window, it looks like someone threw it by force. Father and I stood up from our place and moved towards the window.

"Stay here" my father hissed at me when I followed him out.

"But.." I said but he gave me a very scary look which means not to defy him.

"Fine" I huffed out. He went out and I heard him moving around the house when I couldn't wait longer I also went out and I saw broken shard of lantern on the floor.

"There's no one, it might be neighbour's cat or dog" my father said and glared at me when he saw me outside.

"Didn't I tell you to stay inside?" He said gruffly and I only shrugged.

"Let's go inside" he said once he was sure there was no one. We were halfway inside the door when town's church bell start ringing. Whoever was ringing bell was frantic that one can tell by his ringing. Father and I gave each other a look, the bell only rings like that when there is some emergency. It means we have to father around the village church.

Father and I both ran towards the church after he get his coat and I took my cloak putting it around me. I cover my face with the hood as we make our way towards church. So many people were already gathered around it and some were coming behind us. Priest and Mr hunt was standing on the stairs of the church. Victor was also standing behind them, this was the first time I see color drained from his face. This must be something serious, he didn't even look my way. All three of them looked very worried and ..scared well thats new.

I was in my thoughts when Mr hunt raised hand to silence the crowd who were talking to each other about what's going on.

"Silence everyone" Mr hunt said in a very loud voice.

"What happened leader?" Someone yelled from the crowd. He looked worried and bothered priest and him shared a look which only means one thing trouble. He raised his other hand that was behind his back. His other hand has a red cloth in his hand and everyone around us gasped in horror at its sight even me and my father both got scared. Now this explain their worry and scared expressions.

"We received a warning! We are going to get attacked soon." Mr hunt said what we all already know.

We all are dead! I thought looking at the red cloth which means our doom. The dark monster is coming for us.