17. Escape

A few days passed with me spending most of my days at Beatrice's cottage and only coming to sleep here in his house. I also cook dinner and breakfast for both of us. A few days ago I came to know that a lady came when I was out to clean and do our laundry which explains the clean house and clean clothes. I am used to of doing my own work so I told the lady that she doesn't have to clean my room and wash my clothes, it took a lot of persuasion on my half before she accepted. She was scared of Achilles, so I told her she doesn't have to worry. I will deal with him.

I think Achilles has started trusting me now that I won't escape, which I will definitely do. Me and Amanda are trying to make plans, but it's difficult when Beatrice is around us all the time. Me and Amanda both asked Beatrice to talk to Achilles to allow me to go out in the village. It was a very hard job persuading her but somehow she made it possible she talked to Achilles and today morning he told me that I can take a walk around the town with Amanda but not before giving me a threat that if I try to escape he will find me and then will punish me. I won't say I am not scared, I am. His tone and threat were not just a threat it was a promise that he won't spare me if I tried to leave. But I won't step back. This is not my life. My heart will come to peace when I will be back in my home with my father. I won't stop until I leave here.

There was a knock on the door, and I got excited, expecting Amanda on the other side. I was about to open the door when Achilles glared at me, and I stopped in my tracks and glared at him as he went to open the door. It was, in fact, Amanda and Fin.

I ran to wear my cloak and waved at her.

"Let's go," she said. She didn't even glance at her brother, who was looking at us.

"Sure," I said as I stepped out of the door. He grabbed my arm from behind.

"Don't try anything, I won't forgive," he said and eyed both of us.

"Come on, it's just a walk. Don't be so dramatic," I huffed. Both Amanda and Fin gasped. I just gave them a side look, not knowing why they are so shocked. Oh yes! No one disrespects him. I looked at him, and he was fuming with anger.

"I mean, don't worry .. you know..uh bye, " I said and freed my hand from his grip and went to stand with Amanda.

"Hurry," I whispered, not looking back at him.

"Come to the mother's cottage in the evening to get me," she said softly to Fin, and I gawk at her with shock, and then a small smile came on my face. She is giving him a chance. I looked at Achilles he was frowning at me. I looked at Fin, who was also surprised for a second, but then he nodded at her.

We walked side by side to the direction of the main street.

"What was that?" I asked her with a smirk.

"What?" She said and was blushing.

"I am happy for you, I hope you find your happiness with him." I smiled, and she smiled back at me.

"And you! Do you have a death wish? Don't talk to my brother like that. He is very cruel, and you don't want to see that side of him, " she said, a little sacred and concerned.

"I don't know with him. I can't control myself," I said

"He annoys me a lot," I complained.

"I know, but try to tone down your anger a little or else we will be back to where we started," she said, and I nodded.

"I will take care of it," I said.

"Okay now, this place has four exits which lead to the forest. It's in the middle of a forest, so there is no other way out of this place other than the forest. But the main problem is the forest has many deadly animals." She told me, and I looked at her with worry.