n i n e

THE FOLLOWING NIGHT, Arden laid in her bed panting. Bradley lay next to her, equally as out of breath. They had done two rounds at that point. Once on her couch, and once in her bedroom. Bradley did angry sex, very well. The two still hadn't spoken about the mission that was quickly approaching. As a matter of fact, they really needed to be sleeping to prepare, rather than fucking.

They also hadn't spoken about their confessions that they had made. Arden wasn't sure she should bring it up, especially since Bradley was still fairly angry with her. She thought he had calmed down a little until he had stormed into her apartment again, starting the argument up about her going once more. This time, she had gone to justify her decision, and he had shut her up by kissing her. And then they got a bit carried away.

"You know we really need to talk," Arden said quietly, as the two stared at her ceiling.

"I know," he responded, sounded defeated. "But we can talk later." He rolled over and kissed her, and she smiled into it.

"Bradley, if we go for round three, I won't be able to walk tomorrow, let alone fly," she told him gently.

"All the more reason for us to do it," he replied, glancing up at her as he pressed a kiss to her collarbone. The blonde went to protest again, but she was cut off when Bradley connected their lips again. He leaned on his elbow as he kissed her, his other hand brushing along her stomach, going lower and lower.

"Bradley," she warned, but he didn't listen. His finger connected with her already sensitive clit, sending a wave of pleasure throughout her body. She moaned quietly as he peppered kiss down her stomach, leaving a trail of marks as he went, the rough pads of his fingers still rubbing circles around the small bundle of nerves.

He was already fully hard, and she was wet so it wasn't long before he slipped inside her. Arden threw her head back, arching her back as she moaned in pleasure.

Rooster couldn't get enough of her. She looked heavenly in the moonlight that was streaming through her window, and seeing her reacting in this way, to him, made him all the more turned on. She was his. At least until tomorrow.

He thrust in and out as she clenched the bedsheet, her knuckles white. A groan escaped his lips as he picked up speed. He leaned over her and sucked on her collarbone, sinking his teeth in slightly. The pain sent shockwaves of pleasure throughout her body, and the blonde could hardly contain the moans coming from her mouth.

"Bradley," she breathed as he applied the slightest bit of pressure to her lower stomach.

"Almost there baby," he groaned, and Arden felt herself on the edge of her third orgasm of the night. Just a few moments later, Bradley's eyes met her's and she came undone. He groaned as he kept going, faster than before, her body beginning to shake. He peppered kisses along her jawline, and down her neck as she wound her fingers through his unruly curls. The overstimulation was almost too much for her, and she arched her back as she felt herself about to cum again. Four times in one night, that was a record for them.

"Fuck Bradley," she managed to say, her brain completely blank. She was unbelievably drunk on the pleasure that he was able to give her. He groaned as she tugged on his hair, and moments later she felt him cum inside her. That was enough to push her over the edge once more, her trembling body arching as the intoxicating wave of pleasure rolled over her. Bradley kissed her as he pulled out of her, Arden whining slightly  at the feeling.

She knew she needed to clean herself up, but she didn't trust herself to walk. Bradley however, knew what she needed, and was more than happy to help her get it. He slid his underwear and sweatpants back on, before gently picking her up. He carried her to the door, grabbing his shirt that she always wore, so that she could have something to cover herself if she wanted it.

She was half asleep as he pushed the bathroom door open with his foot, gently setting her feet on the floor. She smiled at him in thanks, and took the shirt he was offering to her, before he shut the door so that she could have some privacy. He wandered back to her room, and collapsed onto her bed, his mind running wild.

The night before, Arden had told him that she loved him back. The moment hadn't left his mind since it happened. He also hadn't forgotten how he had walked out after she said that.

Arden leaned against the door to her bedroom, already finished peeing and fully cleaning herself up. She was wearing only Bradley's shirt, which was pretty much her's at that point. She stared at the man in her bed, a smile on her face. The sweat on his chest glistened in the moonlight, and made him look even more handsome than he already was, which was a feat in itself.

"Hey," he said quietly, when he saw her standing there.

"Hey," she responded as she slowly walked into the room. She was definitely sore, but despite Bradley's best efforts, she would still be able to fly tomorrow.

"Want to talk now?" He asked, as she got in bed next to him. She laid so that she was facing him, and sighed.

"We probably should," she responded, her eyes closed. She was beyond tired, but this was a conversation that they needed to have. She felt Bradley press a kiss to her forehead. She opened her eyes to see him staring at her, the loving look in his eyes. It finally dawned on her that he loved her back. It wasn't that she had forgotten he had said it, it was just that it hadn't sunken in yet. "You told me you love me."

Bradley smiled at her, and nodded.

"Yeah I did," he confirmed. She then asked the question that she was honestly scared to know the answer to.

"Did you mean it?" She asked. Bradley looked taken aback at her question.

"Of course I meant it," he answered immediately. He could remember the first time he truly realized that he loved her. It was at her high school graduation. Bradley was just about to go into the naval academy, and unbeknownst to him, she was going as well. Bradley sat with her parents as he watched her walk across the stage, a huge smile on her face when she received her diploma. She had of course graduated top of her class, and Bradley thought her valedictorian speech had been wonderful.

He realized he loved her though, when she walked off the stage, and her eyes met his. In that moment, Bradley swore her smile grew brighter, and he looked at her like she had hung the moon. She was the most beautiful she had ever been in that moment, all because of her smile.

"Why are you smiling?" She asked. Bradley was pulled from the memory, and brought back to real life. Real life, where Arden was willingly flying a suicide mission in just a few short hours.

"I was just thinking about you," he admitted, and Arden rolled her eyes.

"You're so cheesy," she teased and they both laughed.

"You told me you love me back," he reminded her after a moment of silence fell upon them, and Arden nodded in response. "Did you mean it?"

"Yeah I did." Bradley smiled at that and then leaned forward to kiss her gently.

"I really wish you hadn't agreed to go," he admitted as he pulled away from her.

"I know," she responded, resting her hand on the side of his face. He turned his head to kiss it, and she smiled. She felt her eyes closing and Bradley chuckled at her desperate attempts to stay awake.

"Let's get some sleep, we have a big day ahead of us," he told her, and she nodded. He pulled her into his side, wrapping his arms around her and she rested her head on his chest. It only took a few minutes for her to fall asleep, and Bradley smiled at this. He admired her in the moonlight for a moment, not wanting to close his eyes. He didn't have much longer to look at her, and he was going to make every moment count. He pressed a kiss to her forehead and then whispered. "I love you," before falling asleep to the sound of her calm breathing.

Lauren Time:

Heyyyy. So I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter, because I definitely did. Literally, Bradley Bradshaw loves her so much and I adore it. I adore them. Ugh, it's too much.

But guys, I actually hate myself because I genuinely am considering having Arden die. Like a tiny part of me really wants to. I don't know, I guess we'll see what happens.