s e v e n

"SHIT, SHE'S IN G-LOCK!" Rooster heard Maverick say over the radio.

"She's going to burn in!" Phoenix cried. They had heard Arden's labored breathing, and when the silence ensued, panic seized his heart. Hearing Phoenix's words didn't help.

"Come on Arden, please wake up," Rooster murmured as he waited for any sign that she was okay. His heart was hammering and he felt like he was going to pass out. He could not lose her. He only realized he was shaking when Fanboy, came over and clasped his shaking arm.

"She's going to be alright man," Fanboy whispered to him.

"Shit," Maverick said. "I'm going after her."

Arden was having a lovely dream of the beach, when suddenly she heard alarm bells ringing and her name being called over and over.

"Talon!" The blonde heard, and she snapped awake to the most terrifying sight. Her plane was about to crash straight into the ground. At the very last second, Arden pulled up on the joystick and her plane went shooting up in the air.

"Oh thank God," Phoenix said, when she saw Arden's plane flying up.

"Sorry guys. I just wanted to take a short nap," Arden said into the comm. The minute Rooster heard her voice come through the radio, he collapsed on the bench behind him, and put his head in his hands. She was alright.

"You alright Talon?" Maverick asked.

"Peachy Mav, thanks for pulling me out."

"Anytime."

The three planes started to head back to base when suddenly birds started come at them.

"Bird strike!" Arden cried, and Rooster felt his heart jump back into his throat.

"Right engine on fire!" Bob's voice said through the comm. Arden watched and listened as Phoenix went through the emergency protocol, but nothing was helping.

"Shit, were going down. Eject, Bob. Eject, eject, eject."

Arden couldn't breath as she watched her best friend's plane crash into the side of a mountain and explode. The only thing that kept her together was that she saw two parachutes.

Minutes later, Arden had landed and a medical team was out on the tarmac waiting for her. She sat on the stool that they provided as they did a quick check up, making sure she was okay after she passed out. They had just finished when she heard her name being called out.

"Arden!"

The blonde spun towards the voice, and she saw Rooster running towards her. She went to meet him, but before she could even take a step, Rooster had crashed into her, sweeping her up in a hug. His arms were around her waist, and he was holding her in the air. Her arms wound around his neck, as she laughed lightly.

"I'm okay Roose, I promise."

"You went silent, and then I heard you were in G-lock and I panicked," Rooster whispered, his voice shaking as he set her feet back on the ground. She pulled back and took his face in her hands. She noticed a few tears welling in his eyes, so she wiped them away with her thumb.

"Bradley, I'm right here. I'm okay, I'm not going anywhere," she assured him gently. His eyes searched hers for any hint of a lie, but there was none. He pulled her back in, one arm around her torso, the other holding the back of her neck for dear life. Like if he let go, she would disappear.

"Oh God, Phoenix and Bob," Arden realized.

"They're okay. Admiral Bates sent search and rescue out and got them," he told her. Arden nodded and sighed, relaxed her head onto his chest.

"Come on, let's go home," she told him. Rooster wrapped an arm around her shoulders, and she wrapped an arm around his torso as the two walked back into the base.

Arden was greeted by the rest of the pilots, all of them relieved that she was okay. Everyone soon filed out of the room, Rooster telling Arden to go ahead. He had to gather a few things.

***

Arden made her way home, and immediately she flopped on her couch. She was exhausted, and all she wanted to do was take a bath. She made her way upstairs, and stripped out of her flight suit, throwing it on her floor. She hadn't bothered to change at the base because she was too tired. She started the water, and put some bubble solution in so that she could take a nice bubble bath when she heard her doorbell ring.

Arden groaned, and hastily threw the first shirt she found over her body. She made her way to the door, and opened it to see Rooster standing there, looking like he was about to cry.

"What's wrong?" Arden asked, as she ushered him in, shutting the door behind him. The tears in his eyes worried her to death. The last time he had cried in front of her was when is mother died. Rooster pulled her into a hug, resting his chin on her shoulder. "Bradley, what's wrong?"

"You almost died, a-and then Maverick and I...."

Arden sighed and squeezed the boy tighter. "Oh honey," she murmured as they stood there in an embrace. When they pulled away, Arden placed a hand on the side of his face. "I was about to take a bath, do you want to join me?"

Rooster nodded, and the two made their way into Arden's bedroom to change. Arden got in the bath, and Rooster joined her a minute later. He sat behind her and hugged her to his chest, wanting to be as close to her as possible after almost losing her that day.

They sat in silence for nearly thirty minutes, before the water started to get cold. They got out, and dried themselves off, Rooster changing into sweatpants that he had in his bag that he brought with, while Arden put the same shirt as earlier back on.

She was brushing through her hair when Rooster came up behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"You're wearing my shirt," he murmured, and Arden glanced down at herself, just now realizing that it was in fact his shirt. She looked up to apologize, but the smile that was on Rooster's face told her not to.

"You can take it back with you tomorrow morning," she told him.

"No, no. You keep it. It looks much better on you," he responded. Arden looked down, her hair falling in front of her face, hiding the fact that her cheeks were now bright red. Rooster moved her hair out of the way. "Don't hide from me."

Arden turned around and looked up at him, a small smile on her face. Rooster was looking at her with such love in his eyes that she almost believed that he reciprocated her feelings. He leaned down and pressed a gentle kiss to her lips, and she gladly returned it. They spent the next few minutes just sitting there, kissing each other, thankful for the other person's company.

They then made their way over to Arden's bed, and got in, both utterly exhausted. Arden snuggled up to Rooster's chest, and Rooster wrapped an arm around her, holding her close.

"I'm glad that you're okay," Rooster whispered into her hair, pressing a gentle kiss on the top of her head. Arden hummed, and then kissed his chest, too tired for words, and soon both of them were asleep in each other's hold.

Lauren Time:

I LOVE THEM SO MUCH

But like Arden, honey, open your eyes. He's literally in love with you.

Ugh, I just can't. They're so freaking cute.