Chapter 16

[ 𝗬/𝗡'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩 ]

📍𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚜, 𝙵𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎

"So is it true what I've heard?" Vincenzo asks, sitting across me

"So is it true what I've heard?" Vincenzo asks, sitting across me. "You killed Son Sungdeuk? The attorney and consigliere of BTS."

I take a quick glance around our surroundings. The tables are empty near us as we had requested. But further away tables are filled with tourists and local people.

"I shot towards him but at the same time Mackenyu had shot him too," I tell him. "I had aimed past him, only to warn him but Ken had aimed at his head. But of course I had to go with that headline that it was me."

He takes a moment to himself, seeming to be in deep thought. Vincenzo is my consigliere. The only member in the Akaustski I trust. All the other members are formed by my father and Mackenyu. But Vincenzo was the one I had handpicked.

"Anyways," he stressfully smiles. "I'll make sure I'll do my part to have you stay at the top. But if I were you, I shouldn't trust that brother of yours."

"I know he's the underboss, but there's just something about him I can't trust," he continues. "I'm only here for you. I want to help you out. You're new to all this and you're also a woman playing in a man's field. So you are most likely going to be taken advantage of and they wouldn't take you seriously. This is why you remain on top. Show you are worthy of being Don. And I'm right here beside you."

"Thank you," I smile towards him, feeling a sense of safety and reassurance from him.

"No, I have to thank you," he tells me. "I owe you my life so I will make sure I can help you out. I respect your father a lot but there's also a part of me that feels like he doesn't trust you. Just be careful, y/n. In this game, you know there's no one you can trust."

I stay quiet for a moment. I know he's right. In the mafia world, you really cannot trust anyone. Coming from me who had a lot of betrayals from the ones closest to me.

"Well I gotta get going," Vincenzo checks his wrist watch. "I'll discuss the plans back in Korea. The plans have some weaknesses that we need to fix."

He gets up and I do the same as we bow to one another. "Have a safe flight back home," he turns around and walks towards the door. 

I watch him walk away when a familiar person catches my eyes—Taehyung.

What is he doing in Paris?

He's talking with the hostess, most likely asking for a table. I shift my eyes to the girl next to him and realize it's...Blackpink's Lisa.

Blackpink's Lisa