Chapter 4

( !!Cursing! )

Y/n

"So tell me more about Athena" Lucas completely changes the topic. "Oh right! Am not telling you until we at least get our ingredients." I smiled awkwardly "fine, bossy much?" He scoffed. I just roll my eyes and went to my kitchen for supplies. (Idk wtf goes into a volcano so you just got the stuff already 💀💀)

After a while, we agreed to complete our project by each day. Tomorrow we will paint it, we have already built it, no help to Lucas. He just made the ground. We built it with clay and stuck an empty toilet roll in it. We're not sure how to make it explode so we'll figure that out tomorrow.

"Wow I did a great job" I glared at Lucas comment "I literally did the whole- you know what okay sure." After a while he ended up leaving cause he was supposedly getting sleepy so he left. It was 6 so I went to talk to Athena for a while.
—————————nerd Athena ———————-

Y/n: heyy

nerd Athena: what

Y/n: lol you mad?

nerd Athena: Yes. What'd you tell you're "boyfriend"

Y/n: uhmmm i don't have one??

nerd Athena: I meant Lucas dummy

Y/n: ew no. He slept half the time so I did almost all of the work, don't worry tho I won't tell him anything personal :)

nerd Athena: you better not, am gonna go get ready for bed

Y/n: alright bye!

nerd Athena: Bye!
————————————————————————

I turned off my phone but then my mom started to call me. I quickly answer,
"Hello?" I asked "hey sweetheart,okay so good and bad news. Okay sooo remember when I said I was bringing more cats?" she said. "Uhm yeah? Why..?" "Hah okay so I guess I forgot to say I wanted ONE and she gave me uhm.. 1...3...3! That would be a good thing and it is! But.. it was free and I thought she was being nice but.. the cats are crazy- AY stop that! Son of a-"

I was gonna ask something but she hung up. I think she was outside somewhere, all of a sudden the door knocked. I carefully opened the door and cats charged at me. My mom came inside the door and tried to pick the cats up. "There adorable but feisty" I help pick the cats up and then put them in a cage.

No ones POV

Two days pass and y/n and Lucas try to complete the project each day. Y/n and Lucas become close and he starts being nicer to you and even gives you his nod to you sometimes. He is still cold but tries for y/n. Y/n's stomach has butterflies when she see him, ears and face red, and her heart beats fast as she sees him walk by. Y/n still doesn't know why she feels this way (cause your stupid) and she tries to stop but she doesn't know how. But one day this does stop.
————————————————————————
(At school)

Y/n
"Yeah we just finished our project and he actually did some of the work!" I tell Athena. "You're lucky, even though your partner IS a playboy. At least he does work am surprised!" Athena says. I turn and see Lucas in a classroom, today we were going to present the project to the class. I turn to Athena and tell her am going. We waved goodbye and I sneak to him so I hid behind the door. It smelled but I over hear something I wish I didn't.

"Give me 2 days and she'll be following me around like a puppy"

"I don't think so, she's kinda challenging"

"Nah. She's just playing hard to get tanner. You guys should learn from me."

"You're girlfriend won't like that" andre chuckled and so did tanner. Lucas looked confused but then realized who they were talking about. "Am only using y/n for the project and Athena , stop the shipping. Plus I know more about Athena so I'll win the bet for sure."

Athens's a bet. He's using me? I suddenly barge in and tell him upfront.
"You're using me?! For athena??Are you fucking me right now!? I thought you were generally a good person. Fuck all of you and I won't tell her because she wouldn't choose ANY. Of you guys so fuck you Lucas dont bother talking to me."

I rush out of there with tears falling out and I hear him calling my name. I ignore him and head to the bathroom. Why does this hurt so bad? Do I.. like him? Even if I did I don't anymore. I take my backpack out and take out my earphones and listen to music for a while(#emo) My class has started so I'll probably skip but I have to go to my next one for the project. I don't wanna fail but I don't wanna see his stupid face! I quickly text Athena and tell her only about how he was using me and that she was part of a bet they made.

I calm myself down but I wanna skip the class so I do. I hope I don't get caught so I stay but I got a text from a random number. Saying

-am sorry y/n. I really am. Hope you get this.

I immediately know who he is but text him anyways.

————————————————————————
Y/n: if this is Lucas am blocking you're ass. You can shove that apology somewhere else don't text me.
————————————————————————

I block him and look at my phone until class ends. After a while the bell rings so I grab my stuff and open the bathroom. I check to see if any staff are there and no one was so I sped ran out of there and head to science. When I do I see Lucas already there at my desk with the project and he is never on time. This is gonna be interesting.

I walk to him and he get out of the chair. "Am..sorry" he said. I ignore him but we're presenting first so I have no choice to talk to him. "Am only gonna talk to you for the project. After the presentation don't talk to me. I'll do the talking you can just show."

( I found this so shush 🙄)

"Are you sure I can hel-" I cut Lucas off "i dont need it just explain what we did when am done talking." Class started and the teacher called us up to present. We did our thing, and when we were done we sat down. He gave me a note but I ignore it. "You're starting to act just like me you know that right" Lucas says. I just ignore him and waited till class ended.

1132 words