part 32

Wilbur looked over towards tommy with a concerned expression. “Toms?” He asked gently as the boy started to cry. He paused as Tommy started to tell the story. He looked back up at the stars, taking in all of them. He noted the brightest ones, the dullest ones, the constellations. He remembered hearing stories about ancient heroes and beasts being immortalized in the stars. He smiled as Tommy told his story.

“That’s a very noble wish, Toms.” He noted softly. “I would want to be one of the brightest stars stars. If I earned being immortalized like that, it would mean I helped people, right? Enough to be made into a legend. I want to bring hope to people, even after death.” He said softly.

He sighed happily, leaning back. He wanted to be a good king when it was his time, he wanted to help his people. Help people like tommy get out of bad situations. Or make sure wars never happened during his reign. That was all he ever wished for…

He let his shoulders relaxed on the thatched roof and sighed. He had been a little tense the whole trip. And only now fully let his worry go. "If you were a star.. A fallen hero Sire. I'd keep your story alive" he said as he turned to look at him. The stars shined in his eyes lighting them a little as the full moon peaked from behind the trees and a gentle cold breeze blew rustling the leaves against each other. And Blowing through his blonde hair.

He could see Wilbur as a grand ruler. Remembered in time as A great King, like his father has been. Written in stone as A strong brave leader who wasn't scared to accept a rightful challenge. And help his people at any given time. He saw it all, Flashing before his eyes in a matter of seconds.

When he looked back to the sky he smiled and pointed the falling star. "Master.. Go on, make a wish" he said softly as he closed his eyes again to think. "But not aloud. As only you should know it" otherwise to him, it would ruin it. If another knew the wish, then the wish wouldn't come true to its fullest. As the other could do it, but the magic would be gone.

He himself had a wish, to have a family again. But also to stay with Wilbur. he doubted it would be listened to but he haven't anyways silently in his heart.

Wilbur smiles at the confession, eyes locked on the stars. A part of him wondered what stories went to each star. What bright heroes were up there now. He also wondered if he’d ever make it up there, story told for centuries after his death. “And I yours.” He murmured back to tommy in a gentle tone of voice.

This all felt so relaxing, so tranquil. He could just sit by his friend and watch the stars in a comfortable near-silence. It never was this quiet in the kingdom. Even in the woods or gardens he could hear the clamber of the market, the stomping of hooves, and the occasional loud clanging of armor.

He watched the star as it passed, humming. He wasn’t sure what he could wish for, truly. He wanted to be a good king when his time came, wanted to be kind and just and keep his kingdom safe. He wanted to be as selfless a king as Tommy was, but he knew he could control all of that. He could choose to be a kind and merciful king, he could choose to put his citizens first no matter what and choose to make good decisions.

He glanced towards Tommy briefly, a smile taking over his face. He looked back to the stars, closed his eyes, and wished for Tommy to have as good a life as he could. He wished for Tommy’s dreams and aspirations to come true, and he wished for the boy’s happiness.

Tommy smiled when Wilbur said he'd tell his story. Not many knew it, and while for now he didn't want them to. Perhaps in the future he did? That would be nice. As when his story was to be told, they'd have to tell about Wilbur's kindness to him. Which would link to the Princes tale. A soft giggle came from the young teen. It was peaceful in the country side..

No noise from town. The only sound being the night wolves and occasionally cricket chirp here and there singing in the night. An owl or two would sound but far into the woods. He liked it. And he knew Wilbur did too. He figured the heir to the throne never got to see this. And that's why he brought him here. That... And A second reason.

"This was my home. The one below" he said softly. "My mum use to sing songs while she worked in her small patch of strawberries and father would be cutting longs or hunting for a deer or two. Part to eat part to sell. In autumn I would harvest the sap to make the sweet syrup to sell in the market.. To be taken to homes far away" he pointed in the dark the locations he knew. "It was nice till the man came dressed in Green and White. Black sword by his side" he looked to Wilbur and then away. Was he listening? If not then it was okay. He didn't mind it.

"I suppose.. Tomorrow you'd wish to go home?" He changed the subject not wanting to bore Wilbur any. Even if he liked it, he wanted to stay considerate of the other. "You have been away for a week, and it will be A long journey back again.. Two days full" that was if they took the same short route the did to get here.

Wilbur hummed as the soft nighttime breeze ruffled his hair, just like it would when he used to lay on the sloped roof of his tower. It was never like this, though. He was never with someone else, and never in such a peaceful place. It gave him time to think. To think about his story. He knew for a fact that for His own story to eventually be told, they couldn’t leave out the prince’s closest friend, after all… assuming tommy stayed with him to that point, anyway. He hoped the boy did; he hoped the boy stayed by his side until he was an old and wise king. He hoped for Tommy to stay as his main aid, possibly an advisor if the other desired. He was already like a little brother to the prince, even if they didn’t know each other for that long… it was long enough to count for something. It was long enough for the prince to realize he would do just about anything for the boy, including trips like this. Including freedom if Tommy ever wished.

But, Tommy had shown he didn’t seem to want to leave the prince’s side either. He had given Tommy the opportunity to stay at his home- to live his own life instead of as a servant. But, Tommy never took it.

He paused as Tommy’s words rang out around them, looking over quickly. His brown curls were pressing against the side of his head now, obscuring his vision in one eye, but he could still see Tommy just fine with the other. He was almost surprised Tommy was telling him this, but he really shouldn’t be at this point…

His brows creased together at the mention of the man, before humming as the topic changed. “We will come and go at your own pace. I’m sure you still have places you’d want to see here? My father can wait a couple more days for my return, this trip is about what you want.” He reminded with a kind smile.

Tommy smiled, Wilbur once more was putting them at equal levels. Not a prince and servant no. Out here, they were equal. Partners in adventure for a while. He couldn't help but feel as if for a split second they were. Not changing status in the worlds eyes but feelings in his own. He wished he had found Wilbur sooner, left Shlatt sooner. But then life would be different. Perhaps his father wouldn't let him keep the young runaway. Or Tubbo not if been back.

While he wanting to change things he was content with how it was now. Even the wound of his shoulder, which occasionally gave slight pain. He didn't ask for help, he went through it alone. It had been five nights since the incident including this night. And yet, it wasn't as bad as one would think. No, with wilbur there it made things better.

Looking to the sky, he gave a yawn and began drifting off. A day of riding and meeting old friends, it had been a very full one. Filled with excitement never a dull moment. And he was tired finally from it, as he drifted off humming a small tune. He didn't want to fall asleep really, as how would he get down? For a boy his age, roughly 16 now, Tommy was light and small. But he still worried on what would happen if he did accidentally fall asleep.

So to keep it away he shook his head and sat up, q bit to fast as he felt a slight pain in his arm. He winced a little with a sigh and looked to wilbur. "I think we should return to the village, and find a place to stay" he spoke softly as he looked down to the ground below. "I'd stay a night here.. As it is my home, but I am afraid you would not allow" his childhood home was small, with a bed and a small palette which he use to call his. Bad had kept it clean for him. If he was to return,  a tradition his family carried for the leaders of their town. The children or not.

"Shall I help you down Sire?"