Chapter 2: Phana's Dilemma

Phana POV:

I am Phana. I am a final-year medical student, working as an intern and also completing my final year project.

Past 5 months I have been visiting this library/book store, it's owned by a very handsome young man. Very handsome. Ok, I should stop. Yes. he used to study at my university in the same class as Forth in the engineering department.

And I like him. A lot.

And I am always so nervous in front of him, that I can't even talk to him for 5 mins just to get my library card renewed. I can't even look him in the eye when he talks to me. And I feel bad, hopefully, he doesn't think I am rude.

I have not visited the library in 5 days, I have to renew my library card, and I also have to give back a borrowed book.

And now I am just lying on my bed and contemplating my life decisions.

My phone rang while I was thinking about my life. I checked, it was from Beam.

"Hey Beam," I said as I take the call.

"Hey bro, how are you?" he said.

"I am good, how about you?" I asked him. As I lay comfortably on the bed.

"I am good, you know I visited your sweetheart from the bookstore, I think he misses you," he said as he made fun of me, I know he had a smirk on his face, which I wanted to wipe out of his face.

"Shut up Beam! What do you mean by 'he misses me'? Don't be ridiculous" I said to him.

"No, really, he asked about you. I think you should really talk to him you know, he is a very nice guy, and I am sure he would love that too, you said you didn't even take his offer for a coffee, I am damn sure he thinks you have no interest in him." Beam explained.

"But- Beam.... I - I dont know, I am just nervous I guess, he never really said he likes me or not. What if he is just being nice? I dont want to make myself look stupid in front of him, I dont want to embarrass myself.." I told him about my insecurity.

"Pha.... dont think so negatively all time, I understand your worry, but I really think he likes you too, but it's up to you Ai'Pha. Okay? And do you want to have a group study at my place?" Beam said.

"Ya.. ok ok, I will come by in an hour. I will pick Kit on the way," I told him as I stood up from my laying position. I really should wash up and stop mopping around like this.

"Ya, I will tell him to be ready in half an hour. You will pick him up by then, right? And pick up some snacks on the way" Beam said.

"Ya ok tell him that, and I will be ready by then," I said.

"Ok then see yaa" Beam said as he was about to cut the call.

"Ya okay... And Beam... um .. thank you. Thank you for listening..and understanding" I told him.

"Of course. I am always here, that's what friends are for. Ok come fast, byeee" he said.

"Bye Beam," I said and cut the call.

I dont know what I should be thinking, I really dont know. Should push all my nerves aside and just talk to him. But how? I dont know what I am I am even scared.

Well, it's rejection. It's always been that since I was young.

Anyways right now I have to go to beam's for group study and pick Kit on the way. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 2 is out!! hope you liked the story so far!!

now you know Phana's point of view too!! 

what do you think is going to happen next?

do vote and comment!!! <3

cheers!! 

-kee <3