Early High School Continued

When my sophomore year, 10th grade, started- I had a new idea in mind. I was going to find a guy that l liked. I would actively search for someone to have a crush on. I didn't have to like girls. I just had to find a guy that I was into.

I found myself wanting to dress up a little more and put on some more makeup for school, to maybe catch the attention of a guy. Peyton was helping me with this, she would let me borrow her new Covergirl lip glosses she would get from the drug store, and Maybelline mascaras.

My friends noticed the increase in makeup and fashionable clothing.

"Is there someone you're trying to impress?" McKinley asked me one day.

"Not in particular. I just figured I would put myself out there, you know?" I said back.

Anytime a thought about a girl would come into my brain, I would immediately push it back down. I was going to deny that part of my brain any access to me and my feelings. It was a bit exhausting, but I preferred this over praying every night.

My gym class was shared with freshmen as well, and for the first quarter of gym, I had rock climbing. There was an indoor rock wall in the gymnasium, and I was a bit nervous to climb it.

I was standing there during one of the first classes, just looking at the rock wall.

I really don't want to climb this.

I then heard a voice say, "Are you scared of heights?"

I looked to see a taller kid, with shaggy blonde hair in a green t-shirt and basketball shorts looking at me.

"Oh...yes, kind of. How did you know?" I asked him.

"You're staring at the rock wall like you're scared of it." he laughed, then he walked up to me. "I'm Dorian Lopez. You're Bella, right?"

I looked at Dorian. He was pretty cute. He had blue eyes, fair skin, and just a little bit of acne- but we are teenagers, aren't we?

"Yes, I'm Bella." I said, "Are you in my grade or are you a year younger?"

"I'm a freshman." Dorian said, "I actually just moved to Pennsylvania this year."

"Where did you move from?" I asked him.

"I moved from Florida. I lived by the beach." Dorian said back.

We found a spot and sat down next to each other, as some of our classmates took their turns climbing the rock wall in pairs.

"So, what made you move up here to Pennsylvania?" I asked Dorian.

"My dad got a new job, and he couldn't pass up on the money and how much it offered."

"Do you miss Florida?" I asked Dorian, stretching out my legs.

"I do. A lot, actually." Dorian said. "But I'm hoping that Pennsylvania will be good to me." he grinned at me, and I grinned back.

Could this be what I am looking for?

When it was my turn to scale the walls, Dorian stood up, "I'll go with you." he said, "We can climb together."

I was nervous, but as I walked up the wall, digging my heel into each rock, Dorian talked me through it. And when we reached the top, he gave me a high five and smiled.

I found myself looking forward to gym class twice a week with Dorian. I liked the conversations we had, the way he gave me attention and smiled at me.

Is this someone who could be my boyfriend possibly?