Chapter 17

Kelseys POV
"Spin! Spin! Spin! Spin!" We chanted. Quill spun it and it landed on me. "Yay! I cant wait to see my mom" i say.

"What should we know?" Christy asks. "My mom is blind and dont bring up my dad. He left when I was a kid" i say. I knocked. My brother opened the door. He's 15. "Hi Luke" i say. "Hi? The hell are you doing home?" He asks. "To introduce mom to my girlfriends" i say. He raised an eyebrow. "Ok. I knew you were a slut but damn" he says. "Seriously?" I ask. "You slept with your boyfriends brother" he says. "I was 16 and he was a twin!" I say. "Uh huh. Come on" he says letting us in. "You never said anything about your brother" Jay says. "I didnt think i needed too" i say. "Kelsey!" My mom walked to me with her stick on the ground. I put my hand on her shoulder. "Hi mom" i say. I hugged her. "I missed you. Who have you brought?" She asks. "Mom, these are my girlfriends." I say. She reached out her hand to them. They looked at me confused. I took Jays hand and put it on my moms. She felt it. "You picked a very interesting woman" she says. We laughed. "I picked nine interesting women" i say. They smiled at me. "Come girls. Surprisingly you can learn a lot about a person by their hand" mom says. Quill put her hand up. Mom laughed. "You're sparky" she says. "You could say that" Quill says. I smiled. Ray was next. "You're strong but you're soft inside" mom says. Ray blushed and walked to me. I put my head on her shoulder. Christy went next. "You're very proud and bold" mom says. "Your mom is interesting" Jay whispers. "Apparently so are you" i say. She laughed and smiled. Sarah went next. "Wow. You're trying way too hard" mom says. Sarah pulled her hand back and looked down. Quill hugged her. Chloe was after her. "You hide emotions very well by only showing your happiness" mom says. "Are we all gonna be exposed?" Sarah asks. May went next. "You think you're not enough" mom says. May walked to Christy and hid in her chest. Becca went next. Mom giggled. "You dont want to be here" mom says. We all laughed. "I like your mom" Becca says. I smiled. "Shes pretty cool" i say. Jessie was hesitant but put her hand up. "Woah" mom said. Jessie got nervous. "You have a lot going on" mom says. Jessie blushed and pulled her hand away. "You have a good group Kelsey. You chose well" mom says. "Thanks mom" i say.

Christys POV
"We barely spent time at your house" May says. "My mother is very busy. She's a lawyer" Kelsey says. "You should have told us she was a palm reader" Jay says. "It was fun to see your confusion though" Kelsey says. "While we're on this side of town, why dont we go to my moms house" i say. "Sure" Quill says. "I love your mom. Shes so nice" Ray says. "I know" i say.

We're here. "Anything we should know?" Quill asks. "My mom is crazy" i say. I took the key from under the mat and opened the door. "She wont hear me knock" i say. I opened the door and music blasted out the door. We walked in. My mom is laying across the kitchen counter on her phone. "Mom!" I yell. She looked over and sat up. "Christy! My daughter is home!" She says and jumps off the counter. She turned down her music and hugged me. "Shes certainly energetic for someone so old" Jay says. "For your information. Im 46 and I have an amazing health care plan" mom says. "Mom, these are my girlfriends" i say. "I know and Im mad you didnt tell me sooner" she says. "How'd you know?" I ask. "I work for a social media agency. We see everything. You think I wouldn't see my daughter with her nine girlfriends. Oh and hi Ray, its nice to see you" she says. "I should have known that" i say. "Yeah you should've. Its nice to meet you all and yes Ive totally been stalking your social media accounts. Im protective. Deal with it" mom says. "Your mom's kinda a bitch" Jay says. My mom looked at her. "Thats nice to know Jay. At least I wasn't arrested several times. At least I'm committed to what I do. At least I dont have the longest track record in the police department and at least I'm brave enough to say what I really want instead of pushing it aside" mom says. We all went silent. My mom stood inches away from Jay. She smirked. Jay just glared. "Dont mess with me kid. Im more powerful than you think I am" mom says. She turned around and walked back to me. "Anyway! How have you been?" She asks.

Later
Jay left a few hours ago and I decided to go find her. I found her at the gym beating the crap out of the punching bag. "Honey?" I ask. "What" she snaps. She looked at me. "Im sorry if my mom went to far" i say. "Its whatever" she says punching the bag again. I took her hands in mine. "Hey no. Its not whatever. You're hurt" i say. "I dont like your mom" she says. "Thats ok" i say. I hugged her. She gently hugged back. After a minute she settled into me. "Are you ok honey?" I ask. "No" she whispers. "Do you wanna talk?" I ask.

We sat down. "Your mom was right. Everything she said about me was true" she says. "No its not" i say. She looked at me like I'm stupid. "I do have the longest record at the station. I have record for doing stupid stuff" she says. "But you are committed. You're committed to us" i say. "Yeah but I also cant figure out what I want" she says. "I think you know what you want" i say. "I cant stay committed to a job babe. You girls are different because I love you" she says. "I love you too. So why dont you find something that you love? You like playing hockey with Ray" i say. "Yeah but I know I'm just gonna quit" she says. "Maybe, but you can still try" i say. "I guess" she says. I hugged her. "You dont need to listen to anyone who brings you down. Just the people who make you feel loved. Ok?" I say. She nods. "You're a really good person babe" she says. "Thank you" i say. We kissed. "Ill drive you home. Come on" i say taking her hand.