Chapter Nine- Uchiha Compound

In the following hours that proceeded, three main objectives became clear as the night sky became clouded with...well, clouds.

One- Naruto didn't have a home anymore.

Two- Everything in the apartment-including the homework, the laptop, the ramen packages-all were swept away by the fire's wraped claws.

Three- He had to call his grandma. There was no way he could survive in conditions like this, and even if Sasuke was kind enough to lent him a room in his Giant compound, Naruto would be shoo-ed out sooner or later. 

There was always the possibility he'd be thrown into an adoption center. 

Things weren't looking so cool just then (oh the irony). Naruto was surprised he even felt so calm. He thought he'd be screaming his voice out, yelling at the world at its cruelty. At least the fire had done a decent clean up job. 

He wondered if he should become a trash man. He heard they recieved twenty dollars per hour for their hard and dedicated work. Imagine that-Naruto the mighty Trash Hokage, Leader of all things foul and disgusting. Nope, he was leaning towards the adoption idea. 

He borrowed a phone from a policemen, gave Sasuke a pathetic smile and went for a walk out into the streets. On the last ring he didn't bother hanging up, his grandma thought it was dangerous to pick up phone calls unless the caller left a message, so with a sigh he began to tell his sorrowful tale 'after the tone', even cracking his voice once or twice to make it sound even more angst. 

Just when he was about to run out of things to cry about his grandma picked up. "ENOUGH, BRAT!" She hollered into the phone and waited for him to slowly digest the two words she had thrown at him. She still thought he was a three-year old child with a fat face and a stupid grin. 

The stupid grin was still there, he reminded himself. How bad can it be? He swallowed. "Hello Baa-chan." He said in a weak voice and Granny Tsunade took a moment to drink some sake, he imagined. "Who the hell was stupid enough to burn his own home down except for you?" She asked rhetorically and Naruto waited. 

"I'll fly to your city by Saturday, I was going to visit that slimy old toad anyways." granny said with a sigh. "What do I do until then?" He asked apprehensively and Tsunade paused. "Go to parties, get drunk, kill yourself so I don't have to come over." She suggested and he laughed a bit more high pitched than necessary. "No thank you Baa-chan, I think I'll be fine." He attempted to smile at her voice but failed miserably, the awkward stretching on his face made him feel like he was grimacing. 

"You asked. I suggested. Take it or not, that's your decision. Don't come here and tell me I didn't offer you any ideas later, you hear me?" Baa-chan said as if he had hurt her feelings and hung up. 

"I honestly didn't think it'd be that bad..." Naruto sighed as he came back to the completely drenched lawn and handed the phone back to the policemen. "What is it, sonny?" The man asked and he shrugged. "It'll be okay, we'll somehow take care of you." He said with a touch of sympathy and Naruto twitched his lips up just a bit. 

Sasuke appeared next to him just then, almost scaring Naruto out of his skin. "I saw my Ex before I saw the fire...I think she did something." 

Naruto groaned. "Thanks." He needed to know that Karin was behind this, because he could totally just go up to her and kick the flying whore out of her. Now he was getting pissed off. 

As he watched the flames finally die with a weak sputter the apartment manager nodded at him. "Since you weren't there when this happened you're not going to be charged and held responsible. I'll give you a room for the night, you'll have to find somewhere else to live in a day or two."