Epilogue

Sasuke looked at the snowflakes drifting from the damp, grey clouds above and kicked at the piles near his feet. He was already in a bad mood and then this damn weather decided to sprinkle the cherry on top of his horrible day.

"Sasuke help!!!" His idiot yelled from a bit further away and Sasuke surreptitiously looked to see if anyone was in the around-not that it was likely, this narrow crevice in the middle of two buildings looked shady enough as it was-and sighed, rolling his shoulders and stretching his neck. His feet made almost no sound as he walked over to his partner in a leisurely fashion, the only thing giving away his movements was the soft crunch of freshly fallen snow. 

"Be quiet Naruto, you don't want more of their kind showing up, do you?" Sasuke muttered quietly as the blond looked up from his work and glared
at him. "Are you serious right now asshole?" Naruto dead panned and absentmindedly tightened his arms around the poor victim's neck while the man renewed the struggle.

"What do you want me to do, sweetheart? I'm only getting mixed messages..." Sasuke smirked as Naruto's face turned completely red, finally matching his already runny nose. "You-you did that just out of spite you evil bastard!" He let go of the faint man in his arms and sniffled loudly. It was endearingly cute but Sasuke would sooner give up tomatoes than tell his idiot.

"So what if I did? We need to get back soon, Itachi's been grumbling in my earpiece since awhile ago."

Naruto groaned. "Yeah we can get things done a LOT faster if you want to lend me a hand with this clean up. After all most of the blood has your fists written in it."

"I already tied my guys in their proper ropes by their proper trash bags." Sasuke retorted smartly, then winced as he saw Naruto's face, struggling to keep it professional and not burst out laughing. "Ok okay fine that did sound a little bit overly creepy but whatever. I don't care. You know what I mean." Sasuke backpedaled but couldn't keep a smile from his own face.

Naruto sighed and bent back down, taking out some rope as he began to expertly tie up the victim he had almost suffocated. "Everytime Orochimaru gives us a new mission it makes me sicker. And then your brother absolutely just takes the award for doing the most dirty work for Ataksuki. I can't even imagine working for them..."

"You forced Orochimaru to let us only maim and not kill our targets, that in itself was a big feat, Naruto." Sasuke interjected, knowing Naruto often became upset after a mission.

They were attending university and between the parties, schoolwork and the resume building they had almost been too busy for missions from Orochimaru. As it happened now was Winter Break, and the snake had promised them that he would make the two of them pay for the three months of absence. After all, they were 'getting paid'.

Naruto stood and stretched, looking more fatigued than Sasuke realized, but a moment later his grin came back on, bright as his own personal sun. "Whacha staring at me for, dobe? You look star struck." He winked and Sasuke forced himself to not blush. He couldn't tell if it worked, because a moment later Naruto was walking slowly towards him with that smile on his face, and another moment later their white breathes mingled as their heads pressed together.

Naruto smiled as he softly kissed Sasuke, and pulled away so quickly that Sasuke wasn't sure if he had imagined those lips against his own at all. Then Naruto flicked his nose.

"Gotcha!" He laughed and took a few quick step back, sportily dodging in anticipation.

Sasuke did not chase after him, but bent his legs and dropped down, face downcast. When Naruto took a step forward in concern, he flung the ball of snow into his idiot's face.

He enjoyed the duck-like wail that emitted from the blonde's voice box perhaps a bit more than healthy, but he was too busy trying to dodge snowballs after that it didn't really matter.

It was even more fun when the guys they tied up got hit in the face, woke up and began to root for sides.

Itachi forcefully dragged the two of them away from the alley and knocked out the other guys before scolding them like the overprotective parent he was, and the two of them made faces as Itachi looked away the entire time.

When they returned to their dorm Naruto flung his wet clothes at Sasuke and Sasuke whipped him smartly with his bath towel, starting a new round of battle. Somehow, after things died down they found each other tangled in their limbs.

"Isn't this what people want when they say they want to "Netflix and Chill"?" Naruto questioned idly as he traced over Sasuke's knuckles with his finger.

Sasuke groaned. "Don't tell me social media has turned you into one of those. You know how fast the trends pass, there's no point to even looking at the stupidity of others online."

Naruto laughed and Sasuke felt his stomach move. "Wow, calm down Mr. Sunshine, it's a bit too positive here, don't you think? Those guys are hilarious to me, I don't know what you're taking about."

Sasuke shrugged. "Whatever, just be quiet." He moved a bit further up and kissed his lover, unaware of the creepy brother stalking outside their window.

His day had been bad, but Naruto always made it better. Not that he would ever tell the idiot.

"Thanks, Naruto." He murmured instead into the blonde's ear and saw his idiot turn redder than tomatoes.

"Gaaaaaahhhh you freaking womanizer you!!!" Naruto wailed and burrowed his face into Sasuke's chest and smiled as Sasuke laughed, a genuine sound that made the snow melt just a little outside.

They weren't at their goal yet but that day came closer with each breath they took, and both of them knew it was a matter of time before their dreams of the future came true.

Meanwhile...

Hanging two hundred feet above ground with a camera strapped around his head was about the lowest Itachi had ever gotten. Sure he wasn't proud but that doesn't mean the money stopped. After all if he wanted the jet packs he had to do what he had to do.

It came as a bonus when it was to regulate the two boys. He had lost count of the times he had successfully cockblocked the two lovebirds and considered himself a well-seasoned veteran.

That being said, he still needed to get a boyfriend.

As Itachi shed a single tear, from about five hundred feet away in a tree nearby, Orochimaru did as well.

Well damn him but that was a sweet piece of glorious ass. It was a shame they were enemies, but things could always change, right? Right?

Oh well, Orochimaru thought bittersweetly, at least he would always have those pictures.

THE END