22

It's been another 3 weeks. I'm now 34 weeks along. Look at that bump!!

By this point I am exhausted

By this point I am exhausted. We're still teaching all of our classes, I just feel so massive. I basically just wear dresses now, so much more comfortable than pants. I couldn't sleep so I was lying on one of the chairs in the backyard, enjoying the sunrise. "Morning mamma." Dimitri smiled as he leaned down and kissed me on the cheek, gently resting his hand on the bump. "How is the little angel treating you this morning?" He asked as he sat down by my knees. "Ugh, I've already had to pee three times." He just laughed then kissed me again.

"I love you so much my Roza." Even now, I still get butterflies. "I love you too." He helped me up off the chair, which I am grateful for, by myself it takes a while. He made me breakfast, which I had time to eat here before we had to go to work. Only because I was up so early, baby girl wouldn't stop kicking and let me sleep until my alarm. After breakfast we headed off to work. Needless to say, I don't do demonstrations anymore. Too much effort with the baby belly. Really throws off your centre of gravity, honestly.

We had successfully made it to lunch time and I was beat. We were having lunch in the staff room, and of course creepy John had to appear. "Wow, look at you Rose. You're glowing! Mind if I feel the baby kick?" He asked as he outstretched his hand towards my belly. Instantly Serafima was there, ready to bite that greasy hand off. He then rethought his decision. "Another time maybe." He said awkwardly, then he left. Dimitri and I just laughed. He kissed me on the temple as I ate my sandwich. The rest of the day was non-eventful. Come end of day, we tracked down Viktoria so we could drop her home.

"Look at you!" Olena gushed as we walked into the house. I just felt awkward. I hate being the center of attention. "You're just stunning." She said as she pulled me into a hug. I think Dimitri could sense my unease. "Alright mum, stop smothering her." Dimitri said lightheartedly. "I know, I'm sorry. I'm just so excited!" She said as she let me go. Dimitri replaced her beside me, as if to keep me from more unwanted hugs. I normally don't mind, but I'm just so uncomfortable at the moment. We ended up staying there for dinner, it was Friday so we didn't have to be up early tomorrow for work.

"You could stay the night." Olena offered while we were eating dinner. I was shoveling the food in, with a baby that grows double time it makes you sooo hungry! I glanced at Dimitri, I hate being the one that answers these requests. "I mean, we dont have anything on in the morning." He shrugged as he spoke. I internally sighed. We really need to start carrying around a spare change of clothes and pajamas... Who am I kidding, I sleep naked now. Way more comfortable. Better make sure we lock the door. Heh. It was a peaceful night, we just hung out in the lounge with his family.

Dimitri had his arms wrapped around me, as comfortably as possible sitting side by side on the couch. He always had one hand resting on the bump, protecting our baby girl. "Naw, just look at you two." Olena said as she looked at us. I felt a dark blush spread across my cheeks. "Mum." Dimitri sighed. "What, am I not allowed to point out how perfect the two of you look together?" She asked getting defensive. He just shook his head and laughed. "So have you thought about what you'll do when the baby is born?" Olena changed the subject.

I just shrugged. We'll go back teaching I guess. That and hunting strigoi." I said without putting much thought into it. Viktoria gasped. "She's gonna be born a Russian. She won't be American like you..." Viktoria pointed out. "Huh. I never thought about that." I said as I looked at Dimitri, then I shrugged. "Well, you didn't turn out too bad." I smiled at him. He just laughed and kissed me. "I thought I was about to get insulted." He spoke quietly, mere centimeters from my lips. I kissed him again.

"Oh, I would never." I laughed. "But honestly, I don't mind that she's born here. Not like we can't go back to the states with her... not that I want to go back there any time soon. Or at all." I added under my breath. Dimitri rubbed my belly again. We talked with everyone for a bit longer, then my tiredness won me over. "I'm gonna have to turn in. I'm exhausted." I said as I stretched in my seat. "That's my queue." Dimitri said as he stood up and pulled me to my feet. Life saver he is. We said our goodbyes then headed up stairs. "You really are stunningly beautiful." He said as he watched me get undressed. I laughed as we climbed into bed. I had a peaceful sleep that night.

Another short one, sorry guys! Please let me know if you're enjoying it! ❤️‍🔥