17. Quintessential Rhetoric For Pillow Talk

[VOTE & COMMENT and I'll love you...always forever. Had to do it.]

Chapter 17 "Quintessential Rhetoric For Pillow Talk"

I Love You Always Forever – Donna Lewis

Spencer's POV

"Rain, Rain go away."

I looked up from my sitting position in the bed with my book at Ethan, who was staring out of the window with one hand on the glass and the other in his pocket. "That doesn't actually work, you know."

He had been singing that stupid song for the past ten minutes. It started off being irritatingly cute but quickly became just plain irritating after he repeated it for the ninth time. The sky was still dark; so was the room and rain still pitter-patted harshly on the window's sill.

"I know that; what am I, stupid?"

"Debatable." I mumbled, absentmindedly turning another page.

He grunted, "Whatever, it's your birthday."

"And I'm quite happy that it's raining on said Day of Birth." I admitted, happily might I add. "No birthday parties, no dumb ass songs and most of all, no idiots in Donald Duck costumes."

He spun around, and leaned against the glass but the dreaded feeling of a cold surface shaking hands with bare skin instinctively caused him to bounce back off. "What is it with you and Donald Duck costumes?"

I shivered at the memory, "There is just something unsettling about a grown man in the late stages of a heat stroke at a kid's party in a Disney Character suit."

Ethan - clad in just a pair of gray sweat pants with nothing underneath (he said something about letting his 'boys' breathe), a pair of black socks and the dog tag swinging carelessly around his neck - smirked, crossing my room from the window "I thought he was adorable."

"There is nothing adorable about some guy passing out on top of the cake at your eleventh birthday party."

He snickered, sitting gently on the edge of the bed, "That was the best part and if I'm correct, that party is what made you popular." He smiled, "Let's not forget that's how we became best friends."

I scoffed, "Yeah, lucky me that I got cake in my ears and you got a candle in your left eye and both had to be rushed to the hospital together."

He laughed and raised a hand over the injured eye, "I still have a blind spot."

"That was the most traumatizing moment of my life."

He cocked his head, "What about that time you and I got lost in the woods and thought that Big Foot was chasing us but-"

"- It just turned out being a really big squirrel who went -"

" - Nuts?" he interjected, with a condescending smirk.

"You're an idiot." I chuckled. "And I can't believe you remember that joke."

He scoffed, only looking half offended, "We said that when we were in the back of the ambulance."

I nodded, "Because you got bitten by the squirrel and had to get shots for rabies."

Ethan narrowed his eyes, "Hey, Spielberg, you left out a huge chunk in the middle. Why don't you remind the audience how I ended up getting a chunk of my left arm gnawed out?"