32: New Year

A/N. Just a reminder. I'm kind of changing Alli's imaginary character (Suki Waterhouse). I'll change her as Lily Collins. I have to admit, I put Lily Collins as Ianna because my mindset was that Luke was will be with Ianna again. But then, someone whispered in my mind that they weren't meant to be (tho they're my real OTP in this story) and so change of plans.

Confession alert. Shared it with you for you guys to know my past thoughts. But then again, change of plans. *laughs* So yeah. :>

***

32: New Year

"Good morning," the guy in the suit greeted us as we went inside the meeting room.

Jitters.

I can't believe it. We're in Clef Records right now. I can't freaking believe it. The thought of it makes me want to sleep and it's ironic that this was supposed to be one of my dreams and I'm literally asking myself that why am I awake.

"Good morning," we greeted back.

"So shall we start?" the guy said and smiled. We just smiled in return, hiding our excitement and nervousness.

"We really was amazed when we heard how you take music in a different style. Maybe nowadays, having a band is too mainstream, but what we saw in you was truly admiring. And so we kept following your social media accounts and posts, and your gigs. We also admired how you share your life with the fans that you took a risk to add another member in the group... Luke Cruz, right?" he said, as he turned to Luke but not bothering to Luke as he was reading our files in this brown folder in his hand.

"And now, we heard another different yet incredible work of yours. Tell Her You Love Her took the internet world by storm. May I ask, were you known in your school by everyone? The teachers and staff?"

"Honestly, sir, hindi po. There were some schoolmates that went to our gigs but I know hindi umaabot ng half of the school's population who've heard our band," I explained. Whew. Buti na lang I did not stutter.

"Oh. That's unusual. I think that's a hard thing to manage to hide your images as a band. Anyways, we invited you here at the Records because we, of course, liked your music. And we wouldn't hide it from you that in this industry, music keeps on coming and exceeds the expectations of our audiences. We would like you to sign a record deal with us, and in return we would help you produce your own kind of music. Albums, tours, you name it. We give it to you.

"The thing about us is that we don't care what you want to do with your music, as long as we like it...we produce it. But what we care about is your images as artists. Once you destroy your image in front of the media, it means you destroy the name of this music company. And that means, we're done with you."

Madami pa siyang inexplain about sa terms of being a music artist under Clef Records. Nasabi niya din na since we're off to colleg and since we're still pre-adults, hindi nila kami pipilitin na mag-stop on studying. Basta daw we have appointments with the company or biglaang gig, we must be there on time. And of course, Clef Records will deal with our universities.

"So, since I have discussed about the things you needed to know, we must head to the Conference Hall now for your press conference and contract signing," he told us as we stood up with him and exited the room.

**

Nang makarating kami sa Conference Hall, there were so many paparazzis. Nung pagpasok na pagpasok nga naming nung Hall, the cameras' lights kept on flashing on our faces. It's like they're rubbing it in our faces that we're entering a different world. Ito ba yung feeling ng artista? Hindi ko ata kayang i-handle. ­Kidding.

We sat in front of all the paps. And then there were this reporters who were asking our personal lives. And of course, how we started the band. Siyempre, we all mentioned Ate Love, since she was the one who built our foundation. Nagkatinginan pa nga kami bago sumagot eh. Well, except for Luke.

Tinanong din nila how Luke got into the band. Iisa lang ang sinabi naming lahat. We said that Luke just want to got into the band, so we accepted him. After all, he's got the talent.

Hindi rin nawala ang panggigisa sa 'kin. Of course, the lead vocalist. Siyempre, I kept my mouth shut and said the infamous line, "No comment."

After the press con, nagsidatingan yung mga exec heads and the CEO of Clef Records, Rob Perez. We started the contract signing and my hand is trembling as I was signing the papers. After every paper that I've signed, I tell myself 'You're under Clef Records now, girl.'

Pagkatapos ng pagpirma and everything, Sir Rob stood up and all shook our hands saying, "Welcome to Clef Records, The Freaks."

**

"HAPPY NEW YEAAAAAAARRRRR!" I shouted with my gang as we all moved to the beat of the music.

We're exactly now at Oz Square Garden. And LoveRim's here. Hindi pa kami mago-opening act, pero we just went here to have the New Year's Countdown, bukas pa naman kasi yung concert nila eh. Gail was laughing out loud as she was watching a gang dancing to the side while forming a circle of their own. Drunkards.

Maya-maya pa, nagkayayaaan ng magpunta pabalik sa condo. Tonight, New Year's food is on us, me and Kuya Enzo. Sumama na sina Raven and Luke dahil pinayagan naman daw sila eh.

Nang makarating kami sa unit, they all started barging into the dining area, grabbing plates of their own. Selfish ppl. Waaaah. I can feel that this is either going to be a good New Year or a bad one.

The beef morcon was almost running out and I still haven't got a taste of it yet. It's my favorite!!! It's obviously beef and that's why I liked it.

"Out of beef, right?" Luke whispered behind me.

"Yeah. Favorite ko pa naman," I pouted.

"Don't do that," he replied back.

Napatingin naman ako sa kanya and said, "What?"

"Nothing. Anyways, try chicken cordon bleu. You'll like it. It's like beef morcon, but the difference is that it's chicken, not beef."

"That's why I don't like it. It's not beef."

"And that's why I don't like going with others. They're not you," he replied as he walked back to the table and got some food.

Talk about random.

Tumawa naman si Gail behind my back sabay bulong ng, "It's time, already. Kelan mo na sasagutin?"

"Honestly?" tanong ko pabalik. Tumango lang naman siya.

"Honestly, I don't know," I admitted.

Gail slightly put a hand on her chin and said, "And that's why I don't want to leave my bestfriend, she's not a cow. She's a chicken."

I glared at her while she took back what she said. "Kidding, babe," she ruffled my hair and ran back beside Kuya Enzo in the couch.

What's up with people around? Ganun ba 'pag pumapasok ang Bagong Taon?