Daughter of Sirius Orion Black

Sep 1. 1991,

Floo of the King cross station flared and Dowager Longbottom and her grandson came to the station. With a stern face, Lady Longbottom keeps going toward the train. Behind her, Neville Longbottom, heir to the house Longbottom, trails his grandmother, clearly very nervous.

Gaining upon the train, Dowager Longbottom took the Luggage of heir Longbottom from her purse and enlarged it, and gave it to him.

“You are now heir Longbottom Neville, maintaining our reputation is on your shoulder. Increase our honor, just like your father always did until he couldn’t,” Lady Longbottom said the last part with a small voice.

“Yes, gran,” Neville said without meeting his grandmother’s eyes.

“Now go inside boy and take care of Trevor,”

“Goodbye, gran,” Neville bid his bye and his grandmother nodded in answer.

After entering the train he starts searching for a compartment to sit, thinking about how his life is going to be in Hogwart. He has after all little more power than a squib. Until Uncle Algie didn’t throw him into life-threatening situations he hadn’t shown any accidental magic. Although his gran had reprimanded his uncle, he has seen the relief in her eyes. And he hadn’t shown any sign of magic except that. How is he going to live his father’s legacy when he doesn’t have enough magic? He was also tense about meeting children of his age. Will they make fun of him because of his magic? Will anyone want to be his friend? He really wants a friend. Growing up alone in a huge manor, with everyone older than him in the family, and having a godbrother who didn’t have time for him, he had always felt alone. He wanted a friend, but who would want to be friends with a near-squib wizard? What would happen if they knew about his parents? He doesn't want them to make fun of him or, worst of all, pity him. His gran is going to be so disappointed in him that he is not a powerful wizard like his father and cannot wield his powerful wand.

While musing, he reached a compartment that was already occupied by a girl. He knocks on the door of the compartment and enters when the girl permitted.

“Can I sit in this compartment?” He asked softly.

The girl looked at him with a pair of unique eyes he had ever seen. They were stormy grey with a black ring that outlined the iris. What was making them more unique were specks of emerald in between grey. Those eyes were looking at him as if they were searching his soul and judging his worth. He won’t lie, it was somewhat intimidating.

“Sure, be my guest,” the girl replied with a small smile, and Neville got relaxed a little bit and went to sit in front of the girl. It was as if he had passed the test he didn’t know he was going through. As he sits he noted the girl. The girl seemed to be a little smaller than him, maybe a first-year like him. She was wearing a tan skirt and white top under a brown open robe. With her high cheekbones, delicate aristocratic features, and fair unblemished skin she looks beautiful. Maybe she is also a pureblood. Is she from a dark family as he hasn't seen her at this summer ball? Gran had once said they all are arrogant and believe in blood purity, she doesn't seem arrogant, but he has not talked to her. Maybe she is. She was reading a book that seemed to be about aquatic magical plants. Does she like herbology like him?

As if she could read his mind she looked at him and asked, “do you like herbology?”

“Y-yes, I love working i g-reenhouses, do you,”

“I am not that good at handling plants if that you mean. My father says I lack the patience to take care of them, I am Adhara by the way”

“Neville,”