26

the following day rosie sat in her assigned seat next to calum. they waited until mr stewart finished taking role, and watched as he walked around his desk to face the class.

"alright, we're gonna be starting your presentations today. anyone wanna go first?"

almost everyone in the classroom raised their hands.

calum was surprised. in his old school, no one ever wanted to present first. his teachers would get so upset that they'd force students to go up and present.

"sullivan and o'connor, you can go first," he sighed, sitting at the desk.

the presentation was boring in comparison to calums and rosie's, thought calum.

calum heard rosie scoff and clap loudly when they finished.

"who's next?" asked mr stewart as he got up. everyone raised their hands.

he sighed at looked at rosie. rosie had never disappointed him.

"santos, hood, you're up," he said.

rosie grinned and got up. calum followed and stood up next to her, proud of his presenation. rosie got behind the desk and calum waited for her to give him a thumbs up.

once he saw her small hand, he started to narrate.

rosie came out, half of her head was dressed as cleopatra and the other was mark antony. he tried not to laugh and kept reading his part. they would take turns, calum narrating and rosie acting as both mark antony and cleopatra at the same time. at some point, the two characters were fighting, but rosie's acting and script were so clever, everyone, including mr stewart were laughing.

calum had never seen a gloomy, moody, teacher like mr stewart laugh before. luke gave calum a thumbs up when they finished and rosie bowed.

"you never fail me," he smiled as he got up, handing them their rubrics with the a mark.

calum held back a smile. rosie went to her desk in the costume and sat down, taking stuff off.

"now who wants to top that?" mr stewart asked, causing no one else to raise their hands.

it would be hard to go right after an amazing performance from roselyn santos.

calum looked down at his phone and saw a message from luke.

lukey
Absolute embarrassment for the next guy to go after you guys

calum was about to reply when mr stewart spoke.

"hemmings, bennett, come up."

calum held back an obvious laugh as luke turned red and got up.