04

"alana's gonna pick you up! i have a doctors appointment like right now," dahlia said into the phone.

"fuck off, you're serious?"

"unless you wanna walk?"

"i'll take the ride," she huffed. "i hate lana's driving through."

"it's like a two minute drive, you'll live. see you by forth period, okay babe?"

"yeah i'll see you, love you."

"love you too."

she sighed and continued to get ready for school. she skipped early volleyball practice and was getting a ride with alana, older sister of tommy and friend of dahlia, who drove recklessly.

she glanced out her window and noticed calum, standing in front of a mirror and fixing his tie. she held back a giggle as he struggled, causing him to look up with a scowl.

her demeanor changed entirely, scoffing and turning away, leaving her room with her bag. 

how can someone be so stingy? and entitled?

"bye darling, have a nice day," called her mother as she watched rosie grab a banana. rosie grumbled a response.

"what's with her?" olivia asked.

"i never know these days," her mother sighed.

rosie opened the door to alana's car and found tommy.

"out," was all she said before tommy quickly unbuckled, grabbed his school bag and rushed to the back seat.

"what's with you?"

"bad morning," she said as she sat and crossed her arms.

alana shruged and drove off to school.

by the time rosie left alana's side, she made way straight to her locker.

"where were you?" asked ciara from behind her.

"i just got to school. sorry-"

"come on, we didn't make you captain so you can skip-"

"i know, i just- i have other dreadful things to do."

"you look like shit," ciara said honestly, handing her some of her iced coffee.

"i'm good i actually-"

"santos," called her dean in a loud voice, alarming everyone in the hall. ciara looked at her with wide eyes.

"i'll see you later."

"yeah," ciara responded softly, understanding her bad mood.

"santos, mr. hoods schedule matches yours exactly. you will show him to each class, and introduce him."

"yes sir."

"go on then, the bells gonna ring soon."

"let's go hood."

they walked in silence to homeroom, miss leavear's class.

"she's really cool, so don't worry about showing up late, ever," rosie told calum, who was looking the other way. she rolled her eyes and walked in.

"hey miss leavear," she smiled.

"look at you, santos up, early in the morning," she teased.

"you know i'm always at morning practice. i stay back to clean," she told her, then cleared her throat when she remembered about calum. "this is calum hood, new student."

"well hi calum, you can go ahead and sit wherever you'd like. they tend to be unofficial seats but everyone likes to stay where they are," miss leavears smiled.

he looked at the classroom and noticed an empty seat next to a blonde boy and a brunette with an amazing fringe. he looked at rosie and then turned heels to sit with those boys.

"the quiet type, definitely, but i'm sure he'll warm up to you. glad that the welcoming committee is still up and running thanks to you," she said softly.

"i'm not," rosie sighed, heading to her seat with her friends eden and lola from the volleyball team.

"who's the hottie?" they asked, watching calum talk to luke and michael.

"my snobby self-entitled neighbor," rosie almost growled.

"oh my god, you like him," they accused, causing rosie to nearly scream.