09

"that was so fucking good, you really outdid yourself, rosie," dahlia praised.

"thanks babe, i was shitting myself the whole time."

the two laughed as they sat in rosie's room. it was probably their millionth sleepover, but it didn't matter.

roselyn could never get tired of dahlia swan's company.

the two continued to listen to their favorite music on rosie's old ipod. birdbrain's "youth of america" started playing and the two jumped off the bed, getting their imaginary instruments and playing as if they were preforming the song.

"you've been wasted!" dahlia screamed imitating the lead singer. then, rosie went in front of her and started to play the air guitar as dramatically as possible. the two laughed uncontrollably at rosie's antics, being loud until rosie's dad told them to 'lower it down'.

rosie sat on her bed, watching dahlia go through her baby photos.

most included dahlia anyways since they had been friends since they could remember, and the photos dated it. dahlia picked up a photo album that said 2000s mix. she didn't know what it meant, and she didn't think she'd seen it before, so she opened it up.

the first photo was rosie when she was about six years old, and marco, who was around the age of ten. the next one was them, on a horse, another of them in water and the one after that was of rosie's little sister olivia as a newborn baby.

"haha, look at livvy!" dahlia exclaimed, showing rosie, who was looking at one of her childhood birthday party photos.

"she's so small, she's like a chucky doll," rosie joked. dahlia laughed and flipped the page, finding something she didn't expect.

"babe, who's this with you?"

"dunno?" rosie shrugged after a quick glance.

"you sure?"

"positive. i don't remember everyone i knew from when i was eight, hell i barely remember anything from my past," rosie mumbled.

"babe?"

"what?" rosie snapped, but then softened at dahlia's expression.

"doesn't this look like... him?"

rosie was still confused. she looked down at the photo and looked at it. caramel skin, plump lips, dark eyes, and a funky looking quiff. features that belonged only to one person, the boy next door.

"it surely isn't," rosie mumbled to herself, taking the photo album out of dahlia's hands. she studied the photo, and the rest to follow it.

the next couple pages of that photo album were either of her and calum or of marco and mali.

her mind started to ache, and she knew what it meant. she was trying too hard to remember. she rubbed her eyes hard and saw a memory.

"when can i have a go?" rosie asked, watching calum ride his bike around the cement drive way.

"when you leave," calum said in an annoyed tone.

"but that doesnt make sense!" rosie complained loudly.

"then thats too bad! it's my bike."

"your mom said we have to take turns."

"she didn't!"

"she did! i wanna have a go!"

"no!"

"mom!" rosie cried out.

"rosie?" asked dahlia, pulling rosie back into reality.

"hmm?"

"you okay?"

"yeah? why would i be?" she cleared her throat.

"you were just staring at that photo for like 4 solid minutes."

rosie looked at the photo, one of her and calum pointing at each other with frowns, covered in dirt, bandages and tears.