13

"i'm the greatest!" rosie giggled, exiting the locker rooms to find her volleyball team waiting.

ciara furrowed her brows at the team. "are we not leaving yet?"

"we were waiting for you three. we're gonna support the boys team," said coach hale.

"what?" rosie shouted.

"come on, they supported us. we should be there for them," lola tried to reason, knowing the cause of rosie's disapproval.

"but- but it's so late!"

"so? a half hour more won't hurt you, santos," said coach hale, ushering the girl to follow the team to the soccer field.

rosie looked at dahlia, who nodded understandingly.

they would sneak off and leave in dahlia's car when no one would notice.

rosie and dahlia walked with the rest of the team and went to the bleachers, facing the soccer field.

rosie sat between dahlia and eden, leaning on dahlia's shoulder as she watched the game in front of her. she didn't know much of the sport, but she liked to play in physical ed. rosie definitely didn't understand the rules.

"what's the score?"

"1-1," coach bynes yelled from his spot in the field. "we had them good in the first half, but we just haven't been able to bounce back."

rosie looked at the field, the two teams ran back and forth, crashing into each other and tripping one another. it was too violent for rosie's liking.

she watched as her friends from wood-shop, billy and ryan pass the ball between each other, and then getting it taken away from the opposing team.

"this is so fucking boring," rosie dropped her head.

"i'd rather be watching my parents preform acapella," dahlia joking, making rosie explode into a fit of laughter.

this noise immediately gained calum's attention, causing him to groan before running for the ball that made it in his direction.

he knew he watched her game, but why did she have to watch his?

he ran between the two defenders while dribbling the ball and finally kicked it towards the goal, hitting the post and missing the goal.

"fuck," he exhaled, running to a position that will give him a chance to try scoring again.

"someone seems a little mad," lola commented, watching calums self-discipline.

"it's called the i-am-a-douchebag self-scolding."

rosie and dahlia laughed.

next thing the two girls knew, a ball was hurdling towards them. rosie managed to react quickly enough to pull herself and dahlia down. she looked back at the ball and felt herself brew with fury.

"what the fuck is your problem?" she shouted at calum with the ball in her hands. "i know it was you, shit face!" the coaches started to yell in disapproval.

"roselyn!" dahlia scolded, pulling her down.

"what? no! he did that on purpose! fuck you!" she yelled at calum, looking only at him. "go fuck yourself!"

next thing rosie knew, she was pulled over on dahlia's shoulder and dragged away from the soccer field.

"what're you doing? i wanna beat the shit out of him!" rosie complained to her talk best friend as she carried her into the parking lot.

"you let him get to you again."

"he did it on purpose and you know it!" rosie pointed as dahlia put her down.

"maybe he did, or maybe he just has shit aim. but you, you need to chill."

"i can't! i can't fucking stand him- i can't-,"

"i know, i know, but you can't let him have this affect on you. you cant let him know."

rosie groaned loudly.