Chapter 9

This time when I woke up again in the treehouse Peter made for me, I didn't do anything. All I felt was pain and the loss of my best friend.

Eventually someone came in. "You should have something to eat." I looked up and saw Felix. I glared at him.

"Go away!" I yelled and grabbed a pillow and threw it at him. "Come on you haven't eaten  you've got to be starving. You haven't eaten anything since-"

I cut him off. "Since your leader killed my best friend? Funny." I replied harshly and I threw another another pillow.

I started throwing everything I could see at him with a teasing smile on my face while I glared at him. "Go away you double-crosser!" I threw a book at him and he just barely moved out of the way. I decided that was enough though, I just want to be alone.

I laid back down. "Just leave it there Felix." I tiredly told Felix and he set the tray of food down on the edge of the bed.

I didn't eat anything that day. I just sat in the rocking chair that was next to one of the windows of the treehouse and watched the day go by. I don't want to eat, I don't want to live at this point.

If it's really been almost a year since I've been missing back at home. Everyone's probably given me up for dead. My family probably thinks I'm in a ditch all decomposed and covered in maggots. Ew.

I sat there with my knees resting against my chest, a single tear running down my cheek as I remembered what the last thing Brian said to me before all this madness, 'See you tomorrow, flower!'

Flower had been his nickname for me since the first grade, most people around me would call me dolly for my supposed 'doll' eyes but Brian had always called me flower because of my name.

Alice would always call me purple.

I miss them so much.

Until I saw all of them leaving and for some reason Peter was wearing at brown cloak, like one of the lost boys. I've got a weird feeling about this.

Peter POV

The heart of the truest believer! I finally found it after all these years. I was able to trick him into thinking was I was a lost boy and we were currently flying in the air after I lied to him, telling him I didn't believe in that.

I gestured to a place to land and we both fell on the floor. "You see if you believe, anything's possible." He told me.

"You couldn't be more right Henry." He paused and looked at me with confusion spread across his face. "How-how did you know my name? I never told you."

"Let's make it a game, a puzzle to solve."

"You lied to me. You are a lost boy, you work for Pan!" His voice quivered.

"Not exactly." I walked closer to him. "I am Peter Pan."

He looked down and shook his head "Why did you tell Greg and Tamara magic was bad?" I grinned as he said this and raised an eyebrow. "That you'd help them destroy it. Why?"

"Because I needed their help and it is so much easier to get people to hate something than believe."

"Why did you bring me here?" he asked looking a spooked. "For quite some time, I've sought something completely important." I told him and started walking towards a tree, "Something more elusive than the greatest of all mysteries."

"What" Henry asked following me with his head.

"The heart of the truest believer. And when you took that pixie dust, Henry, and jumped off that cliff." I knocked on the tree. "You proved yourself." I pointed at him, "You are the lucky owner of that very special heart. And now you and it are mine." I pointed towards myself as realization hit Henry's face.