12

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Chapter Twelve: We're Not in Hawkins Anymore, Toto

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"She's fucking crazy!" Eddie shouted as he put his hands on his head staring at the place Nancy Wheeler jumped into. Robin looked at the two before looking at the lake. Stacey looked at Eddie with wide eyes. Robin sighed as she stood up. "Woah, woah," Eddie said, "she said to wait."

Robin glared at him, "I know."

"She's in charge."

"Are you kidding? I made that shit up," she said before jumping into the lake. Stacey gasped and looked at Eddie.

"I've gotta help them, Eds, they're my new friends," was all she said before she dove into the icy water.

"Goddammit!" Eddie screamed at the top of his lungs. "You've got to be fucking kidding me! This is so stupid! Shit!" he said before diving in as well.

Stacey blinked a few times to get adjusted to the darkness. Down below she saw the silhouette of Robin, and she quickly followed. Using as much strength as she could she swam downward. A red, glowing light caught her eyes as she followed the other blonde girl.

It looked like an enormous, neon crack in the bottom of the lake. She couldn't imagine what the 'mama gate,' as Steve had put it, looked like. The blonde swam closer and noticed the same black vines that wrapped around her neck surrounded the opening. Bubbles left her nose as she grunted. The pressure was weighing on her as she was only a few feet away. Before she knew it, she swam through.

Red fog surrounded her as she pulled herself out of the gate. Stacey coughed a few times before Steve screamed, "Duck!"

Stacey ducked just in time as a creature tried to swoop down on her.

"What the fuck is that?" she shrieked as another flew down in her direction. She managed to dodge the creature's attack and step on its neck. She grabbed its slimy tail and gagged as she yanked as hard as she could. The creature's head was separated from its body and she let go of the tail.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Eddie yank one of the flying creatures off of Steve who had been bitten badly. He beat the creature with the paddle. Nancy and Robin were tackling one as Steve ripped another off of him. Steve's teeth sank into the creature's neck killing it instantly. Stacey felt bile rise in the back of her throat. Steve winced as he looked down at his stomach.

"Watch it! Behind you!" Nancy shouted pointing behind Stacey. The creature was taken down by Eddie's paddle, but not before its claws caught her back, thankfully it didn't break the skin. The creature was hit farther than a home run as Eddie looked at her out of breath.

"Steve! Are you okay?" Nancy asked looking at his stomach ignoring the others.

Steve dryly chuckled, "Well, they took about a pound of flesh."

"Stacey motherfucking Atwood," Eddie shouted as he checked her for bites, scratches, or injuries. "Do you know how fucking scared you made me when you jumped off that damn boat?"

"Why do you care so much?" Stacey retorted. "You've said it yourself, Eddie. We're just friends, one level up from half-friends."

"Because I care about you, you idiot! I jumped in for you!"

"You care about me?" Stacey asked with a surprised tone.

"Jesus Christ, yes!" Eddie nearly cried out. "You know what," he mumbled to himself, "fuck it."