05

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Chapter Five: Half-Friends

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

It was officially Spring Break and Stacey Atwood was hiding in the boat house that belonged to Eddie Munson's drug dealer. It certainly wasn't how she was expecting to spend her last spring break as a senior at Hawkins High School. Neither teen had said a word to the other since they left Eddie's trailer. That was until it grew darker out and Stacey needed a place to sleep. The blonde began to pull the blue tarp off of the boat when Eddie stopped her.

"What the hell are you doing?"

Stacey stopped pulling the tarp. "I'm horseback riding, Munson, what does it look like? I'm using the tarp to make a bed. The floor is hard."

Eddie rolled his eyes, "The floor is still going to be hard on that tarp."

"Well, it's still another layer between me and the floor." Stacey continued to pull the tarp slowly but it came off faster when Eddie decided to help her. She raised her eyebrows at him. "So now you're helping?"

"I want to sleep on it too," he said with a shrug.

"Or you just want to sleep next to me," Stacey teased. Eddie shook his head.

"You wish, Blondie."

"Yeah, right," Stacey shot back as they began folding the tarp to a reasonable shape. Eddie set the edge he was holding on the floor and nodded. "Now all we need is food and we're golden."

Food. That was the one thing Eddie hadn't thought of when he fled. The boy took a seat on their tarp and looked up at the girl. "You can sit down, you know. I won't bite unless you want me to," Eddie said with a smirk.

Stacey scoffed and sat down beside him. "How long do you think we will have to stay here?"

Eddie sighed, "I have no idea, but I hope someone figures something out."

Stacey wrapped her arms around herself shivering slightly. It was still cold in March, especially at night. Eddie glanced at Stacey. He scooted closer to her and Stacey scrunched her nose at him. "What are you doing?"

"You shivered," Eddie pointed out.

"And?" Stacey pushed.

"I was just trying to help-"

"I don't want your help, or need it," she said. Eddie only nodded and looked the other way briefly before looking back at her. She shivered again and he inwardly sighed. He slowly removed his jean vest, set it on the ground beside him, and then removed his thin jacket. He wrapped the black jacket around her slender shoulders and Stacey flinched. "Munson-"

"Eddie," he said. "After what we've seen I think I've earned the right to be called Eddie, Blondie. And you're taking my jacket whether you like it or not."

"Stacey," she said. "After what we've seen today you can call me Stacey," she smiled and held onto the jacket. The warmth slowly spread to her shoulders. "I'm still calling you an asshat, though."

Eddie laughed, "Looks like Blondie is sticking with you all your life, At- Stacey."

"Actually," she pondered leaning toward him for more warmth, "you can call me Stace. I'd say that we're at least half-friends now, right?" she asked sticky out her pinky finger, "Half-friends?"

"Half-friends," Eddie smiled while locking their pinkies. His eyes locked onto her and he felt himself lean forward slightly, but Stacey moved out of the way and Eddie leaned back. Neither one of them spoke about it. The only thing that filled the silence was their growling stomachs.