𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐈𝐕𝐄

✲꘏ ꘏ ꘏ ꘏ ꘏ ꘏ ꘏✲

✲꘏ ꘏ ꘏ ꘏ ꘏ ꘏ ꘏✲

"Вне. Все вон. Пойдем! Подвинь это!"

They took everyone in the cells out. They walked in front of the big door, nerves surging throughout their body.

"This is it, Americans. I hope you're ready."

But that door didn't open.

"Чего вы все ждете? Шаг! Пойдем! Шаг!"

They all shared looks of confusion but went anyway.

They walked into a room. A room filled with food. And not the poor excuse of soup that they'd been eating for 8 months. But actual food.

"Am I dreaming, Americans? Or is this real?"

Everyone was eating as much as they could, having a blast.

Except for Kristen and Hopper.

"Что не так с вашими американскими друзьями?"

"Они оба потеряли дух к жизни. И они мне не друзья. Isn't that right, Cursed Ones? You have lost your spirit to live."

"Yeah. Sure. Something like that."

Hopper's cup clattered loudly, and then he fell on the floor. Kristen felt like she was going to pass out as well, not really hearing what the others were saying. Just laughing.

Hopper finally got up, lightly bumping into Kristen which woke her up.

"Let me guess," Hopper started. "This... монстр... it's about nine feet tall? Thin, white skin? No face? No eyes?"

"Давай, давай, давай. Перевести!"

Enzo translated what Hopper said, and the prisoner who asked what was going to happen, his face turned pale. He turned to look at Hopper.

"Откуда ты это знаешь?"

Enzo started translating what Hopper said into Russian as soon as he spoke the words.

"Cause I've seen one. And I've fought one. And all your theories about it, they're all wrong. You know why they feed captive predators live prey? Because if they don't, the predator gets bored and it stops eating. It needs the thrill of the hunt. We're not here to train this monster with swords and axes. We're here to entertain it. And this food... this food isn't to make us strong. It's to, uh, make us plump."

He cracked the nut down on the table, making almost everyone flinch.

"So we're full of the nutrients and protein that a growing monster might need. So eat up, boys. Enjoy. This is your last meal."

-

There was a guard with a lighter that Hopper and Kristen were eyeing. After Hopper explained what the monster was, everyone had been silent and stopped eating.

The guards had taken every prisoner back out to the main center.

"You want to make a fool of yourself, go ahead," Enzo started. "But to bring down these men, leaving them with no hope, what is the purpose of that?"

"I tell them the truth. You feed their delusion."

"Not delusions. Hope. I believe we can fight. I believe we can win. I have a son, Mikhail. I cannot leave this world with him believing his father is a traitor. I need to get back to him, and I will get back to him."

"Is he slow?" Kristen sucked her teeth.
"What?"

"Mikhail, your son. Is... Is he slow? Is he stupid?"

"Перестаньте разговаривать."

"No, he's very smart. Top of his class."

"Молчи!"

"Then you're not his father," Hopper laughed.

"Я сказал иди!"

"You are drunk, Americans. I would stop speaking unless you wish to die sooner."

"I can. It doesn't really matter. I know I'm gonna die today. But guess what? I know who I am and what I've done, unlike you and these men who can't face the truth. You know that you're the reason why we're in here. You're gonna die."

"Давай, иди!"

"Your son is not your son..."

"Я сказал молчать!"

"And your wife--"

Hopper couldn't finish due to Enzo punching him straight across the face. Enzo and Hopper started fighting while Kristen went to the guard who had the lighter and fought him.

She flipped him down on his back, and sneakily took his lighter, before getting hit in the face with the end of one guards gun.

They dragged her in the cell she shared with the other prisoners.

"Сделаешь это снова... мы пристрелим тебя на месте. Ты и твой американский друг. Дураки."

"You happy now, Americans? Was it worth it? Was it worth it?"

"We call it a Demogorgon," Hopper spoke. "I don't know how they got it here or what the hell they're doing with it, but... everything I said about it is true. Except it had one weakness. Fire. Hates fire. So we figure, if we want a shot at killing this thing, we need some fuel," he pulled the alcohol out of his pocket. "And we need something to light it with," Kristen took the lighter out of her coat pocket.

"So you asked us if it was worth it?" Kristen spoke. "To answer your question... yeah, I think it was worth it."

"You son of a bitch," Enzo laughed, making Hopper and Kristen laugh. "You son of a bitch."'

"Don't make me laugh. My ribs are broken. Don't make me laugh."

But they laughed anyway.