𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐎

✲꘏ ꘏ ꘏ ꘏ ꘏ ꘏ ꘏✲

✲꘏ ꘏ ꘏ ꘏ ꘏ ꘏ ꘏✲

Working on the rails was definitely Kristen's least favorite thing, especially after doing it for 8 months. Enzo walked by Hopper and Kristen, seeing them slack off.

"Это что, американцы?" He asked in Russian. "Что так долго? Ты сегодня устал?"

"Свинья," Hopper responded.

"Что ты говоришь?"

"Мудак!" Kristen spat on his shoes. He grabbed both of them, moving them somewhere else where there weren't many guards.

"Your guys' Russian is getting better. So is your acting."

"All right. Come on, what is it?"

"I bring news from America. I heard from your friends. They're bringing your money to Alaska."
"When?"

"Today, I hope. If my pilot gets the money, he will bring it to me in his plane tomorrow. Then you guys can hitch a ride back to your country. I get rich, and you're free people. Sounds too good to be true. yes?"

"It does. This pilot you found, you sure you can trust him?" Kristen asked.

"His name is Yuri Ismaylov. He's a smuggler. Supplies American goods to some of us guards here, including me on lucky occasions. Cigarettes, peanut butter, Playboys, the best America has to offer."

"Great," Kristen smiled. "So he's a criminal."

"Of course. Who else do you want to do this job? Gandhi? You're worried about your woman, is that it?" He asked Hopper. "I can see why you like her, American. When I talked to her, I can tell by her voice that she's very pretty. Feisty too. I like that. Shame we won't meet."

"You promised me that she would be safe," Hopper said, a hint of anger in his voice as he got closer to Enzo.

"And she will be. Let me handle Yuri. You have more important things to worry about. Remember, you two miss that plane tomorrow, I am still rich and you're still stuck in Kamchatka. So whatever it is you're planning, Americans, best to it, yes?"

"Антонов!" A different guard yelled. "Заканчивайте со своими американскими игрушками, они нам нужны на трассах."

"Да, да. Я просто ставлю их на свои места. Наивный ублюдок. Where do you guys want it?"

They both signaled to their face, so Enzo landed a blow on both of their faces and returned them to the tracks.

-

For the past 8 months, Kristen and Hopper have had nothing but a poor excuse for soup and bread. Sometimes, they didn't even eat. It's caused both of them to lose a lot of weight. But today, Hopper and Kristen had an idea to get the chains off of their ankles.

Bribe someone.

They walked over to a bench that had another prisoner sitting on it, eating his food. They sat down next to him.

"Я не фея," he said as Hopper held out the bread to him.

"Нет нет. Ты попал. Ты попал. Даем хлеб," Kristen explained.

"Я сломаю твоим парням ноги."

"Ты попал. Даем хлеб."

"И суп."

Hopper and Kristen nodded, giving him their bread and soup, knowing that it would work--hopefully--and they'd be out soon.

"Сумасшедшие американцы."

-

They were back on the tracks after their food was done. Kristen and Hopper were right next to the guy, so it would work perfectly.

"В настоящее время."

The guy hit his ankle as Hopper hid a grunt and a yell by biting on his coat.

"Опять таки. опять таки."

Another blow landed on his ankle. And another. And another.

And now it was Kristen's turn.

"В настоящее время," she said.

Three blows in a row landed on her ankles. She definitely felt tears spring to her eyes. It hurt like hell.

-

Night was for sure the worst part about being in Russia. Kristen was all alone and the men would always stare and look at her in ways she didn't want anyone to look at her.

Every night they always checked the chains on their ankles to make sure they wouldn't get lose. And for Kristen and Hopper this night, it hurt like hell.

In their cells, they had both taken their shoes off and unwrapped their feet. They managed to get the chains off.

Even if they had to stifle grunts and yells.