𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎: 𝐕𝐄𝐂𝐍𝐀'𝐒 𝐂𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐄

✲꘏ ꘏ ꘏ ꘏ ꘏ ꘏ ꘏✲

✲꘏ ꘏ ꘏ ꘏ ꘏ ꘏ ꘏✲

As the Russian guard looked up at his boss, Kristen's heart started beating again.

The guard dragged her to a different room when he felt his arms slowly get heavier. He looked and saw Kristen's head stirring, and he started slightly panicking. He threw her into a room, making her groan a little.

She looked around as she gained her vision back, and saw that she was in an airplane. It was weird considering she only remembered being in a different room just minutes ago, worrying about Robin and Steve.

But she was being taken somewhere.

-

"Hop and Kris are alive. Kris needs help. Hop looks ford to date. Pleeze to make resarvasion, call seven-four-one-five-two, blah, blah," Murray read from the letter that Joyce got. "Open 12 day P.E.T.T. No government, please. Kind regards, Enzo."

Murray had flown out to California to help Joyce with figuring out the letter.

"I like it even less in person."

"What do you mean, 'Like it less'?"

"I don't trust it. For starters, who the hell sent this?"

"A friend?"

"A friend?"

"Of Hop's and Kristen's."

"'Hop and Kris are alive. No government'? This looks and reads like a ransom note, and a bad one at that. There's no proof of life here."

"Yes, there is," Joyce started, walking over to the couch and grabbing the note. "It's signed 'Enzo.'"
"So?"

"So? There's only two people who knew about our date at Enzo's, and that's me and Hop. So, whoever wrote this, Hop trusted enough to make him sign it Enzo. He's sending me a message. They both are."

"You saw him die, Joyce."

"I didn't see a body."

"Because he evaporated."

"Or... he survived."
"Okay. Okay."

Murray got up, walking over to his suitcase.

"Let's indulge this fantasy for a moment. He's Houdini. He's a cat man with nine lives. Whatever it is, he survives. What's he doing in Russia? What is the 18-year-old doing in Russia with Hop? They were captured, that's what. Then they probably met some new friends. And by friends, I mean the KGB. And believe me when I tell you, these people are the worst of the worst. I am talking torture, Joyce. And no matter how strong you think Jim and Kristen are, they will break them. Both of them. They will get their whole life story. And yes, that might very well include a planned date at Enzo's with you, his co-conspirator, making this all an elaborate ruse to capture you as well."