𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐔𝐍𝐀 𝐓𝐄𝐒𝐓

✲꘏ ꘏ ꘏ ꘏ ꘏ ꘏ ꘏✲

✲꘏ ꘏ ꘏ ꘏ ꘏ ꘏ ꘏✲

Kristen sat at the edge of her bed, legs crossed. She sighed deeply, pretty spooked by the events that happened just hours ago. She got up, went over to her desk, and grabbed her notebook and a pen.

And she started writing.

Amber,

You might hate me for this, but I told mom and dad. About you and Max. They really didn't care. I know you want to tell them on your own, but they were pressing me. They kind of figured. But that's not why I'm writing this.

I'm writing this because I don't know what will happen. I could die tomorrow. Robin, Steve, Dustin, and I found out about Russians here in Hawkins. Crazy, right? Insane. This is going all over the place.

Anyway, I love you. You're my sister. You've been asking me why I accept you for being gay. Okay, I didn't expect to come out this way. Me and Robin are dating. It's insane, I know. But we've been dating for a while. That's why I've always accepted you. You're loving who you love. Don't let anyone change that.

I love you,
Kristen

Kristen sighed as she ripped the page out. She felt bad for lying, but maybe she would feel cautious whenever she came home. Besides, she knew that whatever happened, Kristen would be there for her sister. She folded it multiple times and put it in her pocket. She sighed again, deciding to go to bed.

-

The next morning, Dustin had come to Scoops Ahoy after spying on the Russian base. He had then explained everything to the three teens what he had seen.

"That keycard opens the door, but unfortunately, the Russian with this keycard also has a massive gun," Dustin finished explaining. "Whatever's in this room, whatever's in those boxes, they really don't want anybody finding it."

"But there's gotta be a way in," Robin said.

"Are we sure we even wanna do this?" Kristen asked. "I mean, sneak into a Russian base? The current enemy of the States right now? Is any of this even a good idea?"

"Like Dustin said," Robin said, grabbing Kristen's hand underneath the table. "True American heroes."

"Well, you know..." Steve started, going to give a solution for how to get in. "I could just take him out."

"Take who out?" Robin asked as Kristen gave him a look.

"The Russian guard. What? I sneak out behind him, I knock him out, and I take his keycard. It's easy."