xi. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲

two years ago

"I swear on my life!" Romeo yelled as him and Charlie headed up from the sand, hot on their feet.

"There is absolutely no way you saw a blue stark tooth!" Charlie yelled in disbelief, high stepping to avoid the sand as much as possible. "My feet feel like they were set on fire."

"We should run." Romeo suggested with a nod, giving Charlie a harsh shove before taking off up the sandy hill. Even with the shove, Charlie managed to catch up with him, making it to the beach house well before. Romeo panted as he made it there, holding his heart. "Seriously?"

"Your fault for trying to cheat." Charlie shrugged dramatically.

"Your fault for picking the bullet in Mario Cart." he said in return, the pair heading up to the steps. "I wish I lived here."

"By the ocean?" Charlie was close behind him, a bit more tired after that run.

"Yeah." he shoved some curls out of his eyes, hair a lot longer back then. "I'd just wake up, run on the beach, showing, then stare at the ocean and contemplate my meaning in life."

"Your meaning is to lie about blue shark teeth and be my friend." the Spring boy hummed with a nod as they made it to the top.

"One, I was not lying." he spun back to hold one hand up. "And two, I think if me being on this earth to be your friend is my true meaning, i'll be okay with that."

"Honored." Charlie pulled on the door, only for it not the budge. He gave Romeo an alarming look, tugging on it again. "It's locked."

"It was unlocked when we left." he knocked harshly. "Grandma Spring! It's us!"

"I did tell her I had a key." Charlie sighed loudly.

Romeo rose one eyebrow. "And do you?"

"No." he stated, getting a look of disbelief. "If I said no she's have looked for one for hours and we'd have been late for the beach."

"Well then we wouldn't be locked outside, Charlie." he said in return, looking through the windows. "I don't think anyones home anymore."

"She should be home soon. I mean, you know her." Charlie shrugged, sitting down on one of the chairs. "Perfect opportunity to stare at the ocean and contemplate your meaning in life."

Romeo had to smile, sitting in the other chair. "You know, I really don't even know what I want to do with my life."

"I thought you wanted to do business? Like your Dad." he looked over at him.

"I don't think I do though." he shook his head. "I mean, Lily is doing business. It just doesn't call for me."

"Well, what does?" Charlie gave a questionable look.

"Not sure." he admitted. "Surfing?"

"Yeah, you did do pretty good out there." Charlie nodded his head. "Well, maybe you can still do business and surfing. So, you can make money like your Dad, but still do what you love."

"Until a shark comes up and eats my leg off!" he smacked his hands together, making Charlie jump as he laughed. "What do you wanna do with your life?"

"I don't know." he exclaimed. "Be happy with my friends and a boyfriend."

"Sounds decent." Romeo nodded his head. "What about that boy with the green eyes you were talking to?"