vii. 𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐞, 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮

"Hey

"Hey." Romeo spoke gentle as he pushed Imogen's door open just slightly. She was sat on the floor, her knees brought up as she sniffled. "Your sister let me in."

She tried to wipe her eyes. "You didn't have to come."

"Figured you could use a little company." he sat next to her, holding up a bag. "And some White Castle."

She gave a sad smile. "That does sound good, actually."

"I knew it would." he passed it her way. "I'm so sorry about your dog, Imogen. I know that's such a bad feeling."

"You had a dog?" she rubbed at her eyes, they looked even bluer filled with tears.

Romeo reddened. "No. But, I had a turtle."

She laugh and cried at the same time. "A turtle?"

"Yeah, I rescued him when he was really small and almost got hit by the neighbors bike." he hummed, leaning his head back against her bed. "I was really sad when he died, too. Probably more sad about that then when my second uncle passed."

"That's what I was thinking but was scared to say it." Imogens eyes casted down. "He was really old, I knew it was close. I just didn't want it to happen."

"I know." he wrapped an arm around her shoulder, she leaned in to lay her head down.

The next morning when Imogen woke up, she'd been in her bed. She knew she fell asleep on the floor with Romeo, but he wasn't here. The empty white castle bag was still on the floor, tipped over. When she rubbed her eyes, she noticed a book flipped open at the edge of her bed. She knew it wasn't hers, she'd never been much of a reader. Reaching down, she grasped it in her hands and saw that three words were circled, connected by one line to show which word to read first.

see you soon

"I literally am so bad at bowing, I genuinely don't think you want to be on my team." Romeo warned Issac with his best, sweet look.

"I literally do not care. I'd rather loose then have to team with Elle Smells." Issac said honestly.

Elle scoffed. "Ugh, rude."

"You did nearly take my head off last time we went bowling." Romeo gave a head tilt in her direction. "Issac doesn't have nearly as much luck as me."

"It's true. If only I was called Romeo Montague, then i'd be flooded with luck." Issac pointed out with a nod.

"Well there is..." he trialed off, thinking of book characters with the name. "Issac Newton?"

"Not a book character but i'll take it." he nodded his head.

"Everyone, this is Nick." Charlie walked over.

"Hey." Nick smiling awkwardly.

"He said 'hey'" Romeo giggled slightly.

"Hi." Issac waved for the pair, elbowing Romeo.

"You look a bit different off the field." Romeo nodded, eyeing Nick. "Clean."

He laugh. "Well...a shower does that to someone."

"We're just choosing fun names for the board." Elle smiled as she encouraged Nick to walk closer.

"Fun names?" he looked down at the screen.

"Yeah, and for the record, Elle Smells was Taos idea." Issac reassured him, making the small group laugh.

"Ah, and i'll take it Juliet is you." Nick looked up at Romeo. "It's fitting."

"That's what I said." Issac pointed out.

Romeo hadn't been lying, he was terrible. Almost as bad as Tao was, and Nick showed them both up. Romeo took Elle's advice and tried to take his head off with a bowling ball, only Nick chased him in return and Tao yelled at them to stop. Charlie was doing decently, only it was clear he was more focused on a certain friend rather then the game.

"I was so close." Elle huffed when Nick scored about strike and won.

"I was, in fact, not." Romeo shook his head as he fell onto the chair. "Okay, Charlie, come quick. I've got an important dinner and you need to open your gift."

"Coming." Charlie hurried over to him. "Your Dad pick a horrible day to host a party dinner."

"That's what I said." Romeo gave him the small box.

When Charlie opened it, one of the hotel cards was flipped to the back side to be written in a blue pen.

Something blue, because I love you.
-Romeo

When he removed it, a black necklace with a blue shark tooth was attached to it. "No way you found it!"

"Took me soooo many websit searches." Romeo shook his head. "I think i've memorized about every single shark site ever."

"Wait, you enjoy sharks?" Nick gave Charlie a questionable look.

He laugh. "No, I do not. But, Romeo took me on holiday to his grandparents last year for a week and he swore he saw a blue shark tooth floating in the ocean. I didn't belive him so he's spend nearly a year looking for one to prove it to me."

"What makes them blue?" Issac frowned his eyebrows as Charlie hugged Romeo.

"Sediment." he answered. "Okay, i'm outta here. Wish me and shell fish luck."

"Don't inhale the shrimp!" Elle called.

"Please do!" Tao corrected her.

kylie speaks

grandparents trip indeed
was when charlie had that
mini romeo crush.

grandparents trip indeedwas when charlie had thatmini romeo crush