Chapter 24

BLAIR

“Thanks again for letting me stash my moving pod here, Angela,” Cody mentioned for the third or fourth time since we had been at Angela and Harrison’s place for dinner. 

“It isn’t a problem, Cody. Do you have a lead on housing yet?” She asked. “Not that I’m in a hurry, it isn’t like we use that area of the parking lot at all.”

“I’ve got a few home tours set up over the next week. There isn’t a lot available here, so two of those tours are out of town.”

This wasn’t news to me and even though I was bummed for a split second, both towns he’s going to be looking at are less than fifteen minutes away, so it isn’t like he’s going to be too far away. Small town living was like that, sometimes you dated somebody in a different town. It would be fine. Of course, that was only if he picked one of those homes. I have a feeling he’ll really like one of the two that are located here in town. I already did a virtual tour of one and it even has a full-blown man cave in the basement that he’ll probably get a hard-on for.

For now, Cody is still staying at his parent’s place. He’s been back in town for a week, all his belongings in tow. While we haven’t had the chance to have our make-up date yet, we sat down the day he got back and told Hayes that we were dating. He laughed in our faces and told us that he already figured it out and he was just waiting for us to tell him. I guess we should have known we couldn’t keep it to ourselves.

We still haven’t spread the news too much, we figure that everybody could just figure it out when they figure it out. It didn’t take long for Angela to force us into a double-date with her and Harrison. She’s an amazing cook, so any excuse to go to her place for dinner is one that I’ll take. 

“You know if Hayes moves to another town he’ll have to petition to the county to work in Strawberry,” Harrison stated as he moved to pour more wine into our glasses.

Cody casually covered the glass and shook his head, “No more for us, Harrison. We’ve got plans tonight.”

“We do?” I turn to him, confused because this was certainly the only thing I had planned for tonight.

“Just a little something that I have up my sleeve.”

“Ooo.” Angela crooned, “That sounds like something special. Maybe we should let the two of you go.”

Harrison chuckled at his wife’s antics, kissing her on the top of the head before returning the bottle of wine to the kitchen countertop. “You’ll have to forgive my wife, she reads too many romance novels. She thinks everybody is living in their own Jessica Prince timeline.”

“There is nothing wrong with loving romance novels, Harrison. You certainly don’t complain when they put me in the mood.”

“Okay then,” I announce, standing up from the dinner table and taking Cody’s hand, “I’m certainly ready to go before this turns into another conversation where I know way more about my cousin than I ever wanted to.”

After saying goodbye to Angela and Harrison, we get into Cody’s car and he starts driving in the opposite direction of my place. “So where exactly are you going? It is getting kind of late, you know.”

He looks at me and smirks, “Did you have a curfew I should know about?”

“Since when did a curfew ever stop you from taking me out somewhere?”

He laughs, reaching over to take my hand in his while he drives. “I don’t know what you’re talking about, Blair. Name one time that you got in trouble because I didn’t get you back in time for curfew.”