Chapter 9

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Mark's POV

"Hey, Mark!" my close friend and classmate Perth called out to me as I stepped out of my car in the university parking lot.

I stood and waited for him to approach me.

"Where  you able to complete your assignment in Biochemistry last night?" he asked.

I shook my head.

"I couldn't focus," I confessed.

"I bet that all night your mind was on that good looking guy, what was his name again?" Perth said to me with a teasing smile while slapping me lightly on my back.

"Gun," I supplied the information to this gossipy friend of mine.

"Right, Gun," he said. "And you were up all night imagining yourself making love to him instead of whoever he was with last night."

I smacked him upside his head.

"I don't want to imagine such stuff," I corrected him, "I want to do it. Imagination does not satisfy."

"Wow," Perth said. "And how do you propose to go about turning that plan into reality, huh?"

"There are many ways to go about it," I said with confidence. "But luck plays a major part in it. If luck is on my side, within today I will manage to get him to accept a dinner invitation from me."

"Well, may Lady Luck smile on you today, buddy," Perth said as he matched his steps with my stride.

We went into our first class for the day just in time. The professor was already starting to check attendance.

It was lunch time by the time we finished our second class of the day.

"I'm not in the mood for a Thai lunch," I said to Perth. "Let's go try that Mexican food shop that's next to the bookstore."

"Nah," Perth declined. "Go on and take your lunch there. I am craving some spicy beef basil fried rice."

"Alright," I said as Perth and I went our separate ways.

My heart jumped to my throat when I saw Gun standing in line behind the counter waiting to give his order at the Mexican restaurant.

So he likes Mexican food just like me! Thank you, Lady Luck!

"Hey," I said as I went to stand behind him.

I tried to make my voice sound deep and manly but it came out a little over a squeak because of my nervousness. I wanted to kick myself for causing my own self such embarrassment.

Gun turned around at the sound of my voice.

"Oh, it's you," he said.

Why did his smile look more like a smirk. That made me feel even more nervous.

Have confidence, Mark, have confidence. I tried to give myself a mental pep talk.

"Yeah," I said, trying to make my smile as bright as I could to conceal my nervousness. "You were the last person I expected to come to this restaurant. I'm assuming you like Mexican food just like me."

"Nah," he said.

Shit. And I thought that Lady Luck was on my side today.

"I'm just here to buy a take out for a classmate who helped me with my homework last night," he said.

I almost said, "Yeah, that must have been such a pleasurable homework that he helped you with because I heard you moaning on the phone."

Instead I said, "That's a nice way to say thanks."

I tried not to let the disappointment that I felt show in my face and my voice.

After he gave his order to the restaurant staff behind the counter, I gave my own order of a large beef and bean burrito and a medium bowl of tortilla chips with mild salsa on the side.

I got confused when I saw him bringing his tray to an empty table by the wall. I heard him clearly say that he was buying a takeout for a classmate. What mind game was he playing with me.

After paying the cashier I brought over my own tray to where he was sitting and was already dipping his tortilla chip into a bowl of salsa.

"Can I join you, you liar?" I asked, unable to resist adding 'you liar' to my question.

He laughed and almost choked on his tortilla chip, served him right.

I set my tray on the table and went around to his side to lightly tap the back of his neck.

He stopped coughing and then grabbed his glass of soda and sipped from it.

"I'm sorry," he said after he stopped coughing. "I like teasing guys who are much younger than me."

Shit, why does he have to emphasize the fact that I am much younger than him.