Monday

Lena was wary the whole of Monday, not because of James or the uncomfortable air that still hung over the group. No, she was mindfull of that I-have-a-secret smile that had permanently etched its way onto Kara's face, one she made absolutely no effort to hide. Whenever anyone asked, and everyone did, all she would reply wit was a sickly sweet 'nothing' followed by her eyes discreetly sliding over to where Lena was, an impish twinkle in her eye. It made Lena tingel all over, and want to pull her away from everyone else and relentlessly question her till she gave in.

Yet Kara would manage to dance out of her grasp whenever Lena would try to catch her and it drove her mad.

Somehow or another Kara mannaged to remain elusive all day. Throwing Lena one last look with a matching grin as she flounced out the main doors.

Coming home that afternoon, Lena came across two things. One, a red rose bush sitting next to the door, warmth and mild confusion flowing through her, she couldnt recal reading anything about a whole bush meaning something. And Two her mother in  her bedroom, her hands making quick work of sweeping up the fallen pettals on her dresser.

"What do you think your doing!" anger flowing through her as she swiftly scooped the petals from her hands and littered them back over the dresser.

"Cleaning, and its great your showing intrest in more plesant things, but it dosent give you the right to leave rubbish lying around your room." Her mother raising her voice slightly and making a show of looking around her room.

A tiny scowl formed on Lena's face as she too looked around her room. What was her mother going on about, the only thing out of place was the now messy pile of petals. "Mom the room is spotless and the petals are staying they belong there."

Her mother letting out an exhasperated sigh, "Lena it's a mess. Just throw them out".

"No there important to me"

"Why"

"I don't know because, this is my house anyway last time I checked." Her mother left at Lena's non-answer, exhaused with attempting to argue with her daughter. Lena knew why she didn't want to get rid of anything she she had received from Kara. She couldn't. Every singe thing ment more to Lena then she would acknowledge.

Left by herself, Lena sat at her desk and began re-reading Kara's report, searching for the meaning of a rose bush.