𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 8-𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐕𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

The sun had settled by now and the stars shone brightly, complimenting the moon above. If it wasn't for this circumstance, it would've been a lovely place.

"Are you sure we should do this? What if the police are still here?"

"They're not, look, all of Reefer Rick's lights are out and there's no cars about." I turned my head to see that Steve was right. This is how people die in movies. They go to a supernatural spot with their friends and no one else about, and something drags them down to hell.

"Hey, you alright? You zoned out for a moment."

"I'm fine." Eddie didn't question further but still had a mask of concern over his face. Robin and Nancy boarded the boat that me and Eddie had used, since it had drifted to shore. Me and Eddie boarded next.

"What about us?!"

"Sorry, only 4 people allowed."

"It's my goddamn theory!"

"Just give him the compass Dustin. You three can stay here to keep watch."

"Fine." Dustin huffed out a reply, being sure to show his annoyance while handing Steve the compass, slamming it into his hand. Then Steve pushed the boat into the water a bit and boarded.

"I thought you said only 4 people!"

"Sorry." Steve just shrugged his shoulders and grabbed the oar, him and Eddie steering whilst Nancy and Robin navigated the compass. Me looking around in case someone was here.

Then a light flashed through the trees. Then another. Then another.

"Shit. Eddie get down." I rushed him in a quiet tone.

"Why did you leave me Y/n?" What? I turned around and saw him... The one that cared for us, the one that died in our arms protecting us.

"H-how? You died in front of us."

"No y/n. You just left me to die. You never cared for me." That wasn't true. We saw him die on the ground, I remember the blood on all three of us' clothes. Then he almost...glitched? Like there were two parts of him fighting for control. Then it stopped and a smile covered his face. Not a sinister smile, but a homely smile. The smile that he had every time he took us out to eat, or to the arcade.

"It's been a long time y/n. How are you two?"

"You're not real."

"Oh but I am." Then he appeared in front of me, his lower half in the water, his hands gripping the edge of the boat. Then he held out a hand. "Join me y/n. You won't be controlled anymore. Not by anyone. Not even your brother."

"My brother doesn't control me?"

"Oh but he does y/n. Don't you see? Never letting you use your gifts, never letting you become close with any boy but him."

"He just wants to protect me."

"I do too." He held out his hand a little closer to me.

"I'm sorry. I can't."

"That's alright, but know that if you want to change your mind the offer still stands. Just call my name and I'll be here." Then he disappeared into thin air.

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

No.

I looked to my right and saw a clock, but not one that Max described. Not an old wooden one with spiders. But a shiny, new, ebony grandfather clock, plated with gold at the corners and as the hands. It didn't have spiders, but flowers. The flowers I used to get for my birthdays. Golden shower flowers, baby breaths and jasmines. Then I felt a cold hand on my shoulder and my body shaking. I shut my eyes and when I opened them back up I saw the rest looking at me.