𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 1- 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈

"Society has to blame something. We're an easy target." Gareth spoke up, responding to the news article that Eddie had just read out about D&D being dangerous for kids. 

"We're the freaks because we like to play a fantasy game." By now the whole hellfire club was used to being referred to as the freaks for liking to play a game. "But," Abruptly Eddie climbed onto the table where he was having lunch and looked around. "As long as you're into band, or science or...parties" He looked over to the table with the 'party people' and received a middle finger from one of the people before turning over and looking to the table of the basketball/popular people, walking over to the end of the table, dodging the food. "OR A GAME WHERE YOU TOSS BALLS INTO LAUNDRY BASKETS!" His hands went to his mouth, making his voice louder. 

Then Jason stood up from his seat and took a few steps forward. "You want something, freak?!" Eddie put his hands up to his head creating horns and stuck his tongue out, making his table burst into a fit of laughter. Jason took another step forward before you grabbed his arm, pulling him back into his seat.

 "Jason, leave him alone."  You didn't understand why they were named as the 'freaks' just because they played a game. You looked up to Eddie on his table and smiled at him, earning a smile back from him but also a glare from the people at your table. 

"Prick." Jason turned around to face his friends muttering the word. 

"Hey!"

Then Eddie walked back to the other end of the table, once again dodging the food. "It's forced conformity. That's what KILLING THE KIDS." He jumped off the table and scared a girl, earning another laugh from the others, Dustin's laugh standing out the most. He sat back down and picked up his food, seeing Dustin staring at him. "What?"

"I Knew it. You like Y/n."

"So? How do you know her?"

"I mean who doesn't know her, it's a small town and she's popular." Anybody could tell that Dustin was lying, especially after the smile he gave Eddie after he said it, trying to make him believe it.

"Henderson."

"It's a long story. One you probably won't believe." He put his hands up as a sign to surrender, giving in quickly, hoping that Eddie wouldn't ask anymore and to his delight, he didn't. He just stood up again and walked around the table, facing him. 

"It doesn't matter because I...I am going to make her mine. And one day I'm going to walk into here with her next to me." He walked to the end of the table, doing a little dance as he walked, earning a look of disbelief from some of the members because of the first sentence, whereas Mike smiled looking at him. "Walk right up to Jason, and flip him off, whilst I'm holding her hand." He raised his middle finger and used the other hand to make a fist. "Because she's. too. good. for. him." He emphasised each word and jumped up and down, smiling and running off down the room. Dustin and Mike smiled looking at him, they both had a girlfriend so they know how it felt to be in his shoes. 

"She's one of the most popular girls in school. You can't get her." Eddie ran back to the table and faced Gareth. 

"Oh yeah? Watch me. After all, nobody can resist freaks like us." He turned to the group and gave a big smile. 

"She's coming now." Mike spoke up, making him aware of you coming. Eddie stepped to the side and put out his hand to let you by.

"M'lady"

"Thank you." You walked off with a smile on your face whilst Eddie's eyes never left your frame and the group watched the little interaction.