𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 3-𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕

Dustin reached for his hand but Eddie flinched away, then he looked at me and motioned for me to come over to them. I crouched down in front of him slowly and he turned to look at me.

"You won't believe me." He had tears welling up in his eyes and sniffled. I reached over to his hand and carefully grabbed the broken bottle and gave it to Dustin, then leaned next to him and wrapped my arms around his body, his body instantly relaxing as his breathing calmed. I put one of my hands on his head and stroked his head and he started to tell us what happened. "Her body just like, lifted up into the air and uh...she just like hung there, in the air." His voice trembled as me and Steve looked at each other, his eyes confirming that he definitely believed that he didn't do it. "And her bones, uh..." His voice trembled again and he struggled to get his words out properly.

"It's okay, take your time." I could feel his heart rate speed up as he spoke again.

"Her bones started to snap. Her eyes, man. It, it was like there was something like, inside her head, pulling. I, I didn't know what to do so I...I ran away. I left her there."

"Don't worry, if it was one of us we would have probably reacted the same way that you did." He scoffed and pinched his nose bridge.

"You all think I'm crazy right?"

"No, we don't think you're crazy."

"Don't bullshit me man. I know how this sounds!" His voice cracked as he turned his head away.

"We're not bullshitting you."

"We believe you."

"Look what I'm about to tell you might be a little...difficult to take."

"Okay"

"You know how people say Hawkins is...cursed? They're not way off. There's another world. A world hidden beneath Hawkins. Sometimes it, bleeds, into ours."

"Like ghosts and shit."

"There are some things worse than ghosts."

"These monsters, from this other world. We thought they were gone. But they've come back before. And that's why we came to find you."

"That night do you see anything, dark particles maybe." Eddie shook his head slowly, trying to recall if he did.

"It would almost look like dust, swirling dust."

"No man. There was nothing you could see, or uh, touch. I tried to wake her men. She couldn't move. It was like she was in a trance or something."

"Or under a spell"

"A curse"

"Vecna's curse"

"Who's Vecna?"

"An undead creature of great power." I looked at Steve again, seeing the confusion on his face but also fear.

"A spell caster."

"A dark wizard."

"Y/n. Y/n!" There was a muffled voice coming from my bag.

"What's that?"

"I think it's my radio." I reached over to my bag and pulled out the walkie-talkie. "Hello?"

"Y/n, where are you?" I looked at the rest and mouthed Jason to them.

"Why? What's wrong?"

"We're going to hunt Eddie and we're geared up."

"I'm sorry. Geared up?"

"Yeah like crowbars and shit." Dustin's eyes widened with that and I felt Eddie tense up.

"Why do you need weapons?"

"To get that freak back for hurting Chrissy. You gonna join us? Where are you? You've been gone for ages."

"I'm with my brother, I told him what happened...I don't think I can join you, sorry Jason. I don't think I can deal with that."

"That's alright. I've got Patrick, Andy and Lucas with me anyways." My head shot up and met Dustin's eyes. He mouthed 'lucas sinclair?' to me.

"Lucas Sinclair? The new boy."

"Yeah."

"What are you going to do to Eddie if you find him?" 

"Relax y/n. We're not killers like Eddie." My grip tightened on Eddie, he didn't kill Chrissy. "We just want to talk to him. Get him to admit his crime. I've got to go capture us a freak now. Bye."

"Bye."

"I don't think they're just going to talk to him."

"We should get going now, it's getting late." I checked the time on my watch and it was nearly 11pm now.

"We'll be back tomorrow morning with some actual food okay." I grabbed my bag and stood up, before walking behind the rest, out the door, and saying bye to Eddie to which he responded with a little wave.