Chapter 15

*Roman's POV*

TWO WEEKS LATER

These past couple of weeks were the hardest for me. Rita was in Europe and the girls were with my mom. Rita & I talked the whole time but it was only about trivial things. It felt so disconnected. I missed the hell out of her. Amber kept me company to the dismay of just about all of my friends. Just about everyday someone expressed their dislike of the friendship between Amber & I. Naomi flat out told me she was trying to sleep with me. I felt guilty knowing that we had come so close. I pushed all of those thoughts to the back of my head as I made my way into the large conference room at the arena.

I walked in & took a seat. I spoke to others that were conversating amongst themselves. I watched as Amber walked in & smiled while walking over to me. Just as she got to the chair next to me, both Bella twins sat on either side of me. They smiled up at Amber as she glared daggers at them.

"You saw me about to sit there," Amber snapped.

"Oh, well I got it first. It's plenty of seats. Try one over there somewhere," Nikki shot back.

Amber sucked her teeth before she rolled her eyes & walked away. I watched as the Bellas high fived Cameron & Naomi. I chuckled.

"You ladies didn't have to do that," I said.

"Um, yeah we did," Nikki said.

"It was mean," I said.

"Mean, maybe but absolutely necessary. We are only trying to protect you & Rita," Brie said.

"Protect us?" I asked.

"You can't tell me you don't see the way Amber acts around you. She wants you badly, Roman," Nikki said.

"We're only friends," I say.

"You may feel that way but she's been trying to get you in her bed for weeks," Naomi chimes in.

"Rita would be so hurt to know she was sniffing up behind you the way she is," Cameron said.

As if planned, the door to the room opened & the Talent Relations team filed into the room with Rita bringing up the end of the line. I sat up straight, staring at my wife.

The meeting didn't take long. They introduced Rita as the newest member of the team. I was surprised to see she had moved up in the company yet again. I stood outside the room & watched as people filed through the door. Rita walked out holding a stack of papers. Before anything was said, I walked over & grabbed the papers. We silently walked to her office. She walked a few steps ahead of me so I got the few view of the back of her. I watched as her black high heels clicked against the floor. The way her legs contoured with every step. The way her hips naturally swayed as she stepped that made her ass look so voluptuous. The dress she wore showed some of her back as her brown hair bounced against it.

We made it to her office & before she could open it, I reached for the knob and pushed the door open. She pulled back and looked at me.

"Thank you," she said then walked in.

She walked over to her desk & bent over it slightly. I felt myself stiffen and I couldn't take it anymore. I tossed the papers to the side before I walked up behind her. She was wearing her favorite perfume, the one I bought her for her birthday. It smelled so good on her. I placed both my hands on her desk at either side of her. I watched her look down at my hands, then slowly turn around. My eyes instantly went to her breast that peaked from the top of her dress. I had to resist sticking my face there.

"Joe?" she questioned.

I didn't reply as I looked up from her breast to her neck, to her lips, her nose, then to her beautiful brown eyes. I tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, then ran my fingertips lightly down her face, her chest, her over both her breast. I watched her chest rise & fall as her body shivered under my touch. I slide my hands down her sides as they rested on her hips. I looked up at her as she stared into my eyes biting her bottom lip. She looked so sexy.