Beauty and the Beast themed page

My favorite movie is now a fact page
88- In the first song, where Belle sings in the town, she sits by a fountain. As she reads the book (described earlier, as an adventure with a prince in disguise. It sounds just like Beauty and the Beast), she flips to a page, with a picture. Look closely, and you will see see that she is in the bottom right, the beast in the middle left, and the prince's castle in the middle.

89- Belle's dress is loosely based on Dorothy's from Wizard of Oz.

90-This scene is a homage to the opening scene in The Sound of Music starring Julie Andrews.

91- Caricatures of the directors, Kirk Wise and Gary Trousdale, can be seen in the scene where Belle is given the book as a gift. As she is leaving the store three men are seen pretending to not look through the window and then they sing, "Look there she goes. The girl who's so peculiar. I wonder if she's feeling well." They are the two men on the outside of the large blonde man.

92-Art director Brian McEntee color keyed Belle so that she is the only person in her town who wears blue. This is symbolic of how different she is from everyone else around. Later, she encounters the Beast, another misfit, also wearing blue.

93- While his true name is never mentioned in the media franchise, it has been confirmed by the Disney Interactive CD-ROM game ("The D Show") that the Beast's real name is Prince Adam.(sorry Keith )