The Little Mermaid theme page

I wish I could be part of your world

#41-Jodi Benson, the voice of Ariel, makes a cameo appearance in Enchanted. She plays a secretary at a law firm.(shown above)

#42-Ursula's look was based on drag queen Divine

#43-'Part of your World' was almost cut from the film,Apparently after a test-audience full of children got antsy during the song, CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg wanted to cut the song.

#44-7. Christopher Daniel Barnes was just 16 when he voiced Prince Eric in "Mermaid." He went on to voice various princes in straight-to-video Disney movies, but he's best known to live-action audiences for playing Greg Brady in the mid-'90s "Brady Bunch" feature films.

#45-Sebastian was Originally Stuffy and British'Mermaid'. One of the characters in this early version of the movie was a stuffy British butler crab named Clarence. Ashman suggested turning Clarence into a Rastafarian and giving the film's music a calypso flavor. Based on this idea, Clarence evolved into Sebastian.

#46-Ursula Is Not an Octopus
Obviously, she's half human and part tentacled creature. But what kind of tentacled creature? Most people will tell you "octopus," but if you actually count the tentacles, Ursula only has six. There were originally going to be eight, but that many tentacles on such a major character was a giant pain to animate. So Ursula lost two tentacles, making her more of a squid.

#47-The two minute storm in The Little Mermaid took 10 special effects artists over a year to finish.