29

Magnus did not expand on his words. Meliorn knew that he would not, not with how tense that the boy had gotten, it would not make sense. They would not be getting any good form of information if the boy was too anxious to say anything to them, or would be inclined to lie over telling the truth for whatever ends that would cause. They wanted information, but having true and correct information was better than forcing information that was likely riddled with half truths. They would have to try and figure which was the lie and which was the truth, and Meliorn knew that it was not nearly as easy as one may think, considering his own kin and what he himself tended to do when they said something but did not want to say something. It was almost impossible to get the full truth when someone did not want to give it, and that also meant that you had to question everything. It was more tedious in the long run.

"How are you going to take yourselves back, presuming of course that you are intending to be safe." Magnus questioned. Alec gave him a dirty look, Meliorn could not blame him. That was going a tad bit far. It was clear that Alec did care for Jace, and they both took each other's safety rather seriously. Meliorn cut in before Magnus could do something stupid, although it was sort of a little bit too late for that. He knew that the other had a bit of a flair, and a rather mean streak, but even saying that was a bit too far for the Mage.

"I presume, of course, that you have contingencies. Should something happen?" Alec shrunk down in his seat, staring mournfully away from them.

"I don't actually. I should, but really...there is nothing I can do. I don't even know how Jace brought us here in the first place." Alec shrugged. "Outside of some magic, I can't figure it out, and Jace doesn't know either. The entire reason we got here...neither of us have any clue. In all honesty, we are lucky that Jace didn't kill us." Alec did not really register the words that he said until Meliorn and Magnus were staring at him with confusion. He may have said a little bit too much. Which is fine. He thought. They may not be...the same Magnus and Meliorn, but they still have...well, a lot of the similarities in personality. I am sure that they would not say anything, but I won't say more on the topic...then again...Alec glanced at Magnus and Meliorn. If any would have the ability to figure out how to send us back...it would be them, but I would have to consult Jace on the idea.

Alec was not going to reveal anything more until he got Jace's permission. He had already said more than he needed to, and he knew that Jace was not going to be all that pleased about it. Understanding? Yes, but still not pleased. Alec could not even get upset about it because he knew that Jace was just trying to be safe about everything. It was hard to be safe in this situation, though. There was so many factors that they had to consider. It was hard to cover all of their bases. Jace was good at this, but even they had some problems when it came down to it. Neither of them were perfect at this, and they were really just sort of...winging it at the moment. It was not a good thing to do, but it was the only thing that they were able to do.

They barely understood a thing of what was going on, and they knew that their actions and words towards Downworlders, and the less hostile approach that was common in their time, was very much clearly not so common in this one. Even in their own time, Jace and Alec were odd for their lax of hostility towards Downworlders, it was definitely getting some buzz in this world, reality, whatever it was. This was both a good thing, but really more of a bad thing. It was hard to stay under the radar with Downworlders talking, and even Nephilim. Alec was aware that they were really treading a thin line, and it was kind of...dangerous to continue onwards with what he wanted to say. He most certainly would not do so without Jace's thoughts on the matter.

"Jace brought you two here?" Magnus questioned. Alec just nodded, folding his arms over his chest and crossing his legs, making it clear that he would not continue this topic of conversation.

"Either way," Meliorn once more cut in before the tension reached far too high. I am beginning to see why Jace likes him so much, despite the initial insufferable attitude. Alec admitted to himself. "If you wish, I would be more than happy to escort both of you to the Institute. I will not go inside, just ensure that you get there safely." Alec tapped his fingers anxiously on his knee.

"I think...We should wait until Jace wakes up and ask him his thoughts on the matter before anything else." Although he will, of course, already agree I know.

"It is no matter," Meliorn said simply, a small smile playing at his normally serious face. "I appreciate your willingness to communicate with your brother." Alec felt his lips twitch slightly despite himself at the address. Brother. They were far more than brothers at this point. They were...soulbound. Then again, the actual ceremony for Parabatai were not often held, and many still even among the Nephilim do not quite understand how the ceremony works. They only see the affects that it has afterwards.

"About that," Magnus began. "I would like to talk to both of you more...while I understand that you must get going soon, else my door get broken down by anxious and worried Half Angels, I would appreciate it if you returned at some point, so that we may continue this conversation." Magnus did not add onto that, Meliorn giving a roll of his eyes to his friend.

"I, as well, would like to continue this conversation further. I trust you will inform me should they return?" Meliorn questioned Magnus, who nodded once.