27

this isn't  really a chapter, just a little of Mays life before she met Bey.

Trinidad
1 1/2 year ago.

Maylean woke up, feeling a firm slap against her bare back. "Where the fuck is your clothes!?" She didn't want to wake up. Her head was hurting, she was hot and this is the most sleep she'd gotten in months even with the sweat.

"Don't make me have to put my hands on you. Jeremiah is here, put on some damn clothes."

May just hummed. She didn't hear anything but just wanted to be left alone so she could fall back asleep. The slap wasn't enough to wake her up but to anybody else in the house, it would be more than enough.

Hearing the door close, she fell right back asleep.

She shouldn't have.

Her mother stepped into the room not 5 minutes later and when Maylean felt the cold water against her skin she jumped up, screaming from the frost like feeling. It wasn't anything past 6 AM.

May came to a complete stop due to her mother grabbing onto her jaw. It felt, to her, like as if her mom was using all the strength to squeeze into her jaw. "Didn't I say wake the fuck up and put some clothes on?" Her voice was aggressive but quiet. Mays breath was heavy. She was upset and the fact that she couldn't do anything made it worse. "What you breathing all hard for? You want to fight me don't you? Little girl you can't beat me."

Maylean whimpered, trying to pull her face away. "Okay Ma! I didn't hear, I was asleep." Her mother pushed her head back before letting go. "You didn't have to wet me."

"Don't speak to me. Get your wet sheets and go wash them after you clean this house and take me and your sisters laundry, Miceal can do his own."

All May could think was, 'How do you pour freezing water on me then tell me to do your laundry and wash what you made wet.'

She just nodded though.

"And put some fucking clothes on. Bitch if I find out you're trying to fuck my man, I swear to god."

"Why would I want his ugly ass."

She shrugged as her daughter got up from the soaking bed. "The same reason I got with your ugly, bum ass father." She walked out, slamming my door but not before knocking un lit candles off Mays dresser.

She was upset. She was wet, her sheets were wet, her pillows wet, mattress wet and it wasn't even her fault but she still had to be the one to clean it up.

She aggressively stripped her mattress, stuffing everything in her laundry bag. After giving herself a minute to calm down and not kill herself in the shower, she took one, relaxing even more.

What really had her pissed was that she was getting accused of liking a man 3 times her age and she never even had a real conversation with him. After taking care of all her hygienes, she got dressed then went searching for her baby sister.

On her way to her sisters little play area in the living room she had to walk pass her mother and current step father. They were literally tonging each other down in the kitchen. She cleared her throat, making all eyes go on her.

"Good morning." She nodded to her step dad and he grinned back.

"Hey lil bit." He digged in his pocket. "Here this is for you." He pulled out an US 100 dollar bill. Mama found herself messing with some old hood nigga from north jersey. Although May didn't care much about him, he still was a good father to my little sister most of the time. And he always gave us money.