24

Beyoncé

I kept my eyes on Onika all day, trying to see what the matter was. Honestly she was acting like she was fine but she seems to be good at hiding her feelings now because I know something is off.

Right now I had her wrapped around my arms as we stood, fully clothed, ready to leave. "We aren't leaving until you say what's wrong."

She sighed, bringing her arms sluggishly around my waist and resting her head on my chest. "Do I have to say?"

I looked down at her with pleading eyes, "Please?"

She pulled away from me, her lip nervously between her teeth before she spoke, "You remember almost 3 years ago when me had gotten into that argument?"

"We got into a lot of arguments 3 years ago." I wasn't lying, that was when she started to become more independent and she was almost on the edge of completely leaving me, but I was definitely to blame.

She let out a breathe, "The one where my face hit the wall, my nose was swollen." She explained more and once I remembered, my stomach felt sick.

I brought my arms up to my chest, "Yeah—I remember." I was just about to stutter over my words.

"It was just a little flashback. I'm fine now, okay?"

I nodded, "I hate that I did that to you."

"You've definitely changed, just keep doing good." She gave me a reassuring smile. She was trying to make me feel better but it wasn't fully working.

"I have something I need to bring to Mama Tina." She quickly changed the subject as she picked up two huge ass duffle bags.

I sucked my teeth before taking them both from her. "They literally aren't even heavy. It's filled with blankets that she liked."

"I don't care, put your fingers in my pants loop." She did and I started walking us to Mays room where she was over here smiling at her phone.

"Who you texting?" Nika asked before I could.

Mays head popped up, "Dang!" She is loud as hell. "Y'all all in my business." Her eyes rolled.

Onika pointed at her, "That school got her acting like a little hood rat, ain't it?" She asked me but I shook my head.

"Nah it was probably Solange little yellow bad ass." I replied.

"I don't act like a hood rat." Mays legs swung from her bed before she made her way to us. She picked up Nikas shirt before leaning down. "Hi niecey." She kissed it.

"Don't play with my son like that." Onika pushed her away. May and I both mugged her.

"You mean my daughter." I corrected her.

"I'm not about to argue with you Beyoncé." She looked at me and I laughed. I don't care, I want a daughter.

"Where y'all going?" May asked.

"Stay out me and mines business, you just go back on that bed and text who you were texting." Onika was definitely trying to start with May.

Maylean shrugged, "Ok, I will bye." She basically pushed us out her door.

Eventually we made our way into the car and to my mamas house.

"Get the hell out my house." I heard her beautiful raspy voice after the front door shut.

"Hello to you too, mother." I set the bags down before hugging her. She brought Nika into the living room to sit and you know I followed.

"You acting like a lost puppy." I heard over my shoulder. Of course, it was Solange.